|The Faceless Ones|
|Based on:||The Faceless Ones|
|Companion(s):||Ben, Polly, Jamie|
|Main setting:||London, 20 July 1966|
|Publisher:||[[publisher::Target Books, W. H. Allen and Co. Ltd. UK]]|
|Release date:||21 May 1987|
|Format:||Hardcover and paperback editions; 15 Chapters, 144 Pages|
|The Macra Terror||The Evil of the Daleks|
Publisher's summary Edit
Or does she? The girl at the Chameleon Tours desk looks like Polly, and even sounds like her, but she claims she comes from Zurich.
Chapter Titles Edit
- Obstruction on Runway Five
- The Suspects
- Man Without a Face
- The Transfer
- The Missing
- The Trap
- The Abductors
- The Secret of the Chameleons
- Death Ray
- The Traitor
- Flight Into Peril
- The Bluff
- The Deal
Deviations from televised story Edit
- The sonic screwdriver appears quite a few times in this story, whereas on television it was not introduced until the later adventure Fury from the Deep.
- The Commandant is referred to on several occasions as "the Manager", with "Commandant" being a nickname rather than a title.
- The Director states that processed humans die and the transference becomes permanent in four weeks, explaining why the originals of the Chameleon Tours staff are left behind at Gatwick.
Writing and publishing notes Edit
- Inside back cover colour details of Fantastic Doctor Who Poster Offers.
- The cover for the original Target Books edition featured the artwork of David McAllister.
Additional cover images Edit
to be added
British publication history Edit
- Hardback (December 1986)
- W.H.Allen & Co. Ltd. UK ISBN:0491036922, copies priced £7.25 (UK))
- Paperback (May 1987)
- Target / W.H. Allen & Co. Ltd. Single paperback edition, estimated print run: 32,500, priced £1.80 (UK).