a real world point of view
|The Faceless Ones|
|Based on:||The Faceless Ones|
|Companion(s):||Ben, Polly, Jamie|
|Main enemy:||The Chameleons|
|Main setting:||London, 20 July 1966|
|Publisher:||Target Books, W. H. Allen and Co. Ltd. UK|
|Release date:||December 1986 (hardcover)|
May 1987 (paperback)
|Format:||Hardcover and paperback editions, 144 Pages|
|The Macra Terror||The Evil of the Daleks|
- This novelisation is based on the original television serial TV: The Faceless Ones, written by David Ellis and Malcolm Hulke and shown from 8 April 1967.
- The cover and information on the right are for the original Target edition. It featured the artwork of David McAllister. (See below for information on editions with different covers).
Publisher's summary Edit
In the summer of 1966, thousands of young people are taking their holidays with Chameleon Tours. And not one of them is coming back.
When the TARDIS lands at Gatwick Airport the Doctor is drawn into a web of intrigue and deception. To add to his troubles, Polly mysteriously vanishes.
Or does she? The girl at the Chameleon Tours desk looks like Polly, and even sounds like her, but she claims she comes from Zurich.
Who is she really? Who is behind these abductions? And for what sinister purpose? Soon the Doctor and Jamie must face a desperate group of faceless aliens - the deadly Chameleons…
- Contains no illustrated pages
Deviations from televised story Edit
Writing and publishing notes Edit
- Inside back cover colour details of Fantastic Doctor Who Poster Offers.
Additional cover images Edit
To be added
British publication history Edit
- Hardback (December 1986)
- W.H.Allen & Co. Ltd. UK ISBN:0491036922, copies priced £7.25 (UK))
- Paperback (May 1987)
- Target / W.H. Allen & Co. Ltd. Single paperback edition, estimated print run: 32,500, priced £1.80 (UK).
Editions published outside Britain Edit
To be added
See also Edit