|The Feast of Axos|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Post production:||Jamie Robertson|
|Cover by:||Anthony Lamb|
|Release date:||February 2011|
|Format:||2 CDs, 4 parts|
|Big Finish Doctor Who audio stories|
|The Crimes of Thomas Brewster||Industrial Evolution|
|"Across the Stars"|
Publishers summary Edit
"Axos calling Earth. Fuel system exhausted. Request immediate assistance."
Many years ago, the vast space parasite Axos attempted to suck the planet Earth of its energy. Now it's all but forgotten — a dried-up husk, marooned in orbit, still stuck in the time loop it was placed in by Earth’s defender, the Doctor.
Forgotten, that is, except by space tourism billionaire Campbell Irons — who's hatched a plan to solve the world's energy crisis by reviving Axos, and transmitting its power back to Earth. But the crew of the spaceship Windermere aren't alone aboard the parasite. The Doctor has returned, to correct an error of decades past...
And Axos is waiting.
to be added
- The Doctor / Axos - Colin Baker
- Evelyn Smythe - Maggie Stables
- Thomas Brewster - John Pickard
- Voice of Axos / The Axons - Bernard Holley
- Campbell Irons / Svenni Nilson - John Banks
- Joanna Slade - Andree Bernard
- David Brock - Chook Sibtain
- Craig Swanson - Peter Forbes
- Philippe Lefevre - Duncan Wisbey
Cultural references from the real world Edit
- Evelyn mentions David Bowie.
- Whilst in their spacesuits, Evelyn calls the Doctor "Flash Gordon" and Thomas Brewster "Buck Rogers".
- Brewster gives Evelyn the nicknames of "Old Mother Hubbard" and "Old Mum Smythe."
- This story marks the first audio appearance of Axos.
- This audio story was recorded at The Moat Studios.
- Many years later, the Seventh Doctor and Evelyn would reminisce about spending time "in a spacesuit bouncing about Axos with that poor boy Brewster." (AUDIO: A Death in the Family)
- The events of TV: The Claws of Axos are mentioned, stated as being "nearly 50 years ago".
- The Doctor comments that his spacesuit is "the one with the fishbowl helmet". (TV: The Moonbase)
- Campbell Irons bought the British Rocket Group (TV: Remembrance of the Daleks, PROSE: The Dying Days) and runs his operation from the former Space Defence Station in Devesham. (TV: The Android Invasion)
- Official The Feast of Axos page at bigfinish.com
- The Feast of Axos at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- DisContinuity for The Feast of Axos at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide