Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The First Sontarans|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Cover by:||Alex Mallinson|
|Release date:||July 2012|
|Format:||4 Episodes on 2 CDs|
|The Lost Stories|
|Power Play||The Masters of Luxor|
The First Sontarans was the sixth release in the third series of The Lost Stories. It provided the Sontarans with an origin story, something which, unlike many of the Doctor's other recurring enemies, had not been provided before. This was only the third full cast audio story to feature the Rutans, the first being the Bernice Summerfield audio story The Bellotron Incident, released in 2003 followed by Castle of Fear in 2009.
Publisher's summary Edit
1872. After finding a strange signalling device on the moon, the Doctor and Peri travel to the depths of the English countryside to track down the source of its transmissions. But they're not the first aliens to arrive on the scene.
Old enemies of the Doctor are drawing their battle lines in the forest and the local humans will be lucky to escape the conflagration unscathed.
For hidden within this village is a deadly secret - a secret that could destroy the entire Sontaran race... and reveal the terrible mystery of their creation.
Part one Edit
to be added
Part two Edit
to be added
Part three Edit
to be added
Part four Edit
to be added
- The Doctor - Colin Baker
- Peri - Nicola Bryant
- Fleet Marshal Jaka/ Barclay - Dan Starkey
- Jacob Gilley - Anthony Howell
- Jane Ross - Lizzie Roper
- The Gentleman/ Commander Lork - John Banks
- Major Thessinger/ Commander Strek - Cameron Stewart
- Recording by - Toby Hrycek-Robinson
- Sound Design, Music, and CD Mastering by - Jamie Robertson
- CD Extras Interviews by - David Richardson
- CD Extras Edited by - Jamie Griffiths
- Series Theme by - Ron Grainer
- Arranged by - Peter Howell
- Theme Remastered by - David Darlington
- BFP Administration - Miles Haigh-Ellery, Catrin Hubbarde, and Alison Taylor
- Producer's Assistants - Paul Spragg and Frances Welsh
- Cover Illustration & Booklet Design - Alex Mallinson
- Web Editor - Paul Wilson
- Director - Ken Bentley
- Script Editor - John Dorney
- Producer - David Richardson
- Executive Producers - Nicholas Briggs and Jason Haigh-Ellery
Cultural references from the real world Edit
- Major Thessiger's father fought in the Battle of Waterloo on 18 June 1815. Furthermore, Thessiger claims that he himself fought in the Battle of Inkerman on 5 November 1854 during the Crimean War.
- The Doctor refers to the Sontarans' sworn arch-enemies the Rutan Host. The two species have been at war for millennia.
- A Sontaran patrol numbers seven.
- The Kaveetch were natives of Sontar. They worked with an infiltration scout.
- The Doctor is able to preserve Leandra's life using the Zero Room.
- The Doctor and Peri would return to the Moon when they visited the Gogglebox in the far future. (AUDIO: The Reaping)
- The Doctor refers to the disappearance of the crew of the Mary Celeste in 1872. The Doctor refers to the Daleks' involvement in the incident. The First Doctor and his companions Ian Chesterton, Barbara Wright and Vicki Pallister were indirectly involved in the crew's disappearance. (TV: The Chase) The Doctor had discovered his own involvement with the crew's disappearance by the time of his second incarnation. (AUDIO: The Rosemariners) The Fifth Doctor had told Alan Fitzgerald, a student summer intern at the Gogglebox, that he was "sort of" responsible. (AUDIO: The Gathering)
- The Doctor and Peri previously encountered the Sontarans in Seville, Spain in 1985. (TV: The Two Doctors)
- The Doctor tells Roath and Fleet Marshal Jaka that he is aware that the Sontarans possess rudimentary time travel technology as he previously witnessed it in operation. (TV: The Time Warrior, The Two Doctors)
- Official The First Sontarans page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for The First Sontarans at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide