- You may wish to consult
Flood (disambiguation)for other, similarly-named pages.
The Flood was the seventh volume of the Panini Publishing series of Doctor Who Magazine comic collections, and the fourth and last to feature the Eighth Doctor. In included those Eighth Doctor DWM strips with latest release dates — namely, those in which the Doctor was travelling alone or with Destrii.
Not requiring digital restoration due to the fact that it had been digitally produced in the first place, the collection instead featured newly extended endings to the comic strips Sins of the Fathers and The Flood, previously shortened by the page limit of the original strip. It was the first chance readers had of seeing the original version of the comics since they were first published in the mid-2000s. Furthermore, The Flood was notable for its comparatively extensive "special features", which revealed for the first time that then-incoming Doctor Who producer Russell T Davies had given DWM the option of depicting the "official" regeneration between the Eighth and Ninth Doctors.
Full-colour comic strips from the pages of Doctor Who Magazine!
The Eighth Doctor's adventures reach a shattering conclusion in this final volume of classic strips!
This book features eight amazing stories: WHERE NOBODY KNOWS YOUR NAME, DOCTOR WHO AND THE NIGHTMARE GAME, THE POWER OF THOUERIS, THE CURIOUS TALE OF SPRING-HEELED JACK, THE LAND OF HAPPY ENDINGS, BAD BLOOD, SINS OF THE FATHERS and THE FLOOD!
Now travelling alone, the Doctor finds himself facing an outlandish line-up of aliens, monsters and ne'er-do-wells – from a lovelorn robot to murderous football managers, from a psychotic hippo to an urban legend of old London town! But that's nothing to the trouble in store when an old friend crosses his path – and they both find themselves battling the deadly Cybermen for the future of the human race ...
Plus an incredible selection of EXTRA FEATURES:
Newly-extended conclusions to Sins of the Fathers and The Flood!
A 20-page behind-the-scenes feature in which writers Scott Gray and Gareth Roberts reveal the background and origins to each story, alongside never-before-seen sketches from artists Martin Geraghty, Roger Langridge, John Ross, Mike Collins, Anthony Williams and Adrian Salmon!
The original pitch document outlining Destrii's future as the Doctor's new companion
Flood Barriers: learn about the regeneration that never was in an eye-opening 8-page feature on the new TV series' effects on the comic strip. Includes an alternative unused script for Part Eight of The Flood plus comments from Doctor Who showrunner Russell T Davies!
AN ESSENTIAL COLLECTION FOR FANS OF DOCTOR WHO AND CLASSIC BRITISH COMICS!
- Where Nobody Knows Your Name
- Doctor Who and the Nightmare Game
- The Power of Thoueris!
- The Curious Tale of Spring-Heeled Jack
- The Land of Happy Endings
- Bad Blood
- Sins of the Fathers
- The Flood
- Two full page illustrations of the eight Doctors
- Commentary (by Scott Gray, Gareth Roberts & Clayton Hickman)
- Flood Barriers by Clayton Hickman (A feature on the possible ending of The Flood, and the regeneration options for the comic strip)
- About the Authors
- Project Editor: Clayton Hickman
- Consultant: Scott Gray
- Design:Peri Godbold and Clayton Hickman
- Cover artwork: Martin Geraghty
- Colours: James Offredi
- Production: Mark Irvine
- Managing Editor: Alan O'Keefe
- Managing Director: Mike Riddell
- Thanks to: Martin Geraghty, Roger Langridge, John Ross, Adrian Salmon, Tom Spilsbury and Russell T Davies
- This is the last of four collections featuring the run of Eighth Doctor stories from the pages of Doctor Who Magazine, and contains 226 high quality printed pages and a new cover by Martin Geraghty and priced at £15.99 (UK).
- This collocation was issued in hard bake for premium subscribers to doctor who the complete history.