Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Main character(s):||Abby, Zara|
|Main setting:||Compton, England, October 1912|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Cover by:||Alex Mallinson|
|Release date:||November 2010|
|The Sphere||The End|
Publisher's summary Edit
"There's no such thing as witches."
Something is killing the town's children, something that hides in the fog, something that prevents Abby and Zara from leaving. But Abby knows something worse is coming to the town – something that will kill them all.
Can Abby and Zara prove their innocence and help solve the mystery? Or is it sometimes better not to know?
to be added
- Abby - Ciara Janson
- Zara - Laura Doddington
- Marek - Fraser James
- Daniel - David Warner
- Nan - Patricia Brake
- Nicholas Payne - Alex Mallinson
- The people of Compton believe that Abby and Zara are witches who murdered 46 women, children and babies in the town. Daniel tells the sisters that they vanished before their eyes. Nan's daughter Meg is among the missing.
- Abby tells Daniel that the Fifth Doctor told her all about cricket (she is cut off before actually uttering the word "Doctor").
- Zara uses her telepathy to discover that Daniel was called "Fat Daniel" in school and that no one in Compton is aware of that.
- The Compton gallows have not been used since the English Civil War.
- Abby travels a week into the future - specifically to 6 November 1912 - and buys a copy of The Manchester Guardian which reports that the entire population of Compton vanished. A memorial service was held in Chester several days later. It was attended by the Home Secretary.
- Daniel and Nan comment that the newspaper contains no word of Captain Robert Scott's fate and assume that he died in the Antarctic.
- Daniel believes that Abby and Zara are angels.
- Nan left Compton for the final time in 1898.
- Compton was destroyed by a meteorite.
- In February 1913, news reached England that Captain Scott had died in the Antarctic.
- Daniel makes several references to the recent sinking of RMS Titanic.
Story notes Edit
- This audio drama was recorded on 17 March, 24 and 25 July 2010.
- Daniel, played by David Warner, mentions the sinking of the Titanic several times. Warner played roles in two films about the disaster: the 1979 TV film SOS Titanic and the 1997 James Cameron blockbuster, Titanic.
- Zara refers to the fact that she and Abby were created by the Grace to locate the Key to Time. (AUDIO: The Judgement of Isskar)
- Abby refers to the Sphere. (AUDIO: The Sphere)
- Abby and Zara recall their encounters with the Black and the White Guardians. (AUDIO: The Destroyer of Delights, The Chaos Pool)
- Daniel and Nan discuss Captain Scott's ill-fated expedition to the Antarctic. (TV: To the Last Man)
- Daniel refers to the Boer Wars (TV: The Daleks' Master Plan, The Invasion of Time; PROSE: Players) and the sinking of the RMS Titanic on 15 April 1912 (PROSE: The Left-Handed Hummingbird; TV: Rose, The End of the World).