|Companion(s):||Polly, Ben, Jamie|
|Main setting:||Kenga, Singapore, February 1942|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Cover by:||Tom Webster|
|Release date:||15 October 2015|
|The Early Adventures|
|The Yes Men||The Black Hole|
In keeping with the show's decision to abandon pure historical stories after The Highlanders, this story contained sci-fi elements.
Publisher's summary Edit
The TARDIS lands on an island off Singapore during the Japanese invasion of 1942. The travellers are found by some British soldiers - among them a certain Private James Jackson, who just happens to be Ben's father. But they're not the only visitors to the island...
to be added
- Polly Wright/Narrator - Anneke Wills
- Jamie McCrimmon/The Doctor - Frazer Hines
- Ben Jackson/Private Lawson/Andrews - Elliot Chapman
- Captain Freeman - Ben Nealon
- Corporal Gibbs - Michael Jibson
- Private James Jackson - Oliver Jackson
- Mrs Maggie Bishop - Gabrielle Glaister
- The Japanese invasion of Singapore began in February 1942.
- Ben is not sure if the Doctor even has a name.
- Polly comments that the creature takes on the visage of the Grim Reaper.
- James suggests naming his child Polly, after Polly Wright. The Second Doctor says it may be a boy and suggests the name of Jamie.
- The Doctor offers Polly some lemon sherbets.
- While searching his pockets, the Doctor finds his Five Hundred Year Diary and his sonic screwdriver.
- This story was recorded at The Moat Studios.
- A free download of the first episode was offered to newsletter subscribers prior to release.
- Ben compares the ship to the Mary Celeste, discovered abandoned and without its crew. He says what happened to it is a mystery, however the Doctor suggests he was there. (TV: The Chase)
- Ben says that he was born in December 1942. (PROSE: Invasion of the Cat-People)
- James says he could get a job on a ship after the war. (PROSE: Invasion of the Cat-People)