The Galileo Trap was the third story in the audio anthology Doom Coalition 1, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Marc Platt and featured Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor, Nicola Walker as Liv Chenka and Hattie Morahan as Helen Sinclair.
Helen Sinclair doesn't know what hit her. One moment she was trapped in a dead-end job in 1960s London, and now she is transported back to Renaissance Italy over three centuries before. Florence is a city in turmoil. A new plague stalks the streets. A ferocious behemoth rampages through the vineyards. And Galileo Galilei, celebrated scientist, astronomer and old friend of the Doctor, is imprisoned in his own villa for heresy.
to be added
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Liv Chenka - Nicola Walker
- Helen Sinclair - Hattie Morahan
- Galileo Galilei - John Woodvine
- Virginia - Esther Hall
- Cavalli - Gunnar Cauthery
- Count Licori - Ewan Bailey
- Cleaver - Harry Myers
- The Eleven - Mark Bonnar
- Beggar Woman - Lizzie Mounter
- Monk / Youth - John Banks
- Helen has a box brownie camera.
- Virginia Galilei died in 1634.
- Galileo's theory of heliocentrism was inspired by Copernicus.
- This story was recorded at The Moat Studios.
- Helen is shocked to have travelled 300 years in the past. (AUDIO: The Red Lady)
- Virginia taught the Doctor to play the recorder when she was only around 10 years old. (TV: The Power of the Daleks et al.)
- The Doctor previously met Galileo in his first incarnation. (PROSE: The Empire of Glass)