Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The Game of Death|
|Main enemy:||The Darksmith Collective, The Nocturn|
|Main setting:||The Silver Devastation|
|Publisher:||BBC Children's Books|
|Release date:||28 May 2009|
|BBC Tenth Doctor Adventures: The Darksmith Legacy|
|The Vampire of Paris||The Planet of Oblivion|
Publisher's summary Edit
The hunter becomes the hunted, as the Tenth Doctor tracks the Agent's journey from Paris across the Milky Way towards the Silver Devastation. Where is it heading? What force can destroy the Crystal? Where is the robot Agent, and why did it come here? What is the strange and sinister game taking place in an elegant house in the Home Counties? Find out by reading the next thrilling adventure in The Darksmith Legacy.
- Tenth Doctor
- The Agent
- Miss Amelia Birch
- Augustus Korch
- Lenny Sprang
- Horatio Hamilton
- Miss Scarlett Plume
- Professor Doofus
- The story setting, at the Silver Devastation, has been previously referenced as where Professor Yana (aka The Master), was found and also where the Face of Boe came from.
- The TARDIS uses extrapolator shielding.
- The Doctor mentions the planet Cheem where trees talk.
- The Doctor's psychic paper is used to confirm the Doctor and Gisella's invitation to the Game of Death.
- The Doctor, with some trepidation, wears a tuxedo and black tie for dinner at Devastation Hall.
- The Doctor wears his glasses to look intelligent while working on the component salvaged from the Darksmith Agent's head following its destruction.
- The Doctor's sonic screwdriver is used for a variety of tasks.
- A Judoon ship is mentioned as being sent to collect wanted criminals in space.
The books Edit
- Interspersed with the main fiction is:
- TARDIS Data Bank - extra information on the Silver Devastation
- Activity pages x3 - the puzzle solutions give the reader the chance to think like the Doctor!
- The Story so far, next instalment cover preview and opening preview.
- The Darksmith Legacy's overall story was devised by Justin Richards who contributed four of the ten titles.
- The Darksmith Legacy was certificated to thirteen, with under-thirteens needing parental approval.
- This first book in the series was released along with the second before the remaining titles saw a monthly release throughout 2009.
- Each book in the series was priced £4.99 (UK) and featured a foiled cover with illustration by Peter McKinstry.
Interactive website content Edit
- By visiting the website and participating in the Quest, participants can unlock additional content like computer wallpapers to download.
- The Quest itself features games, like finding a specific target in an image, by using the sonic screwdriver as a detector, to hone in (to register 100 on the scale). Once located, the "target" then provides additional information used in further puzzles involving both words and numbers.
to be added