In this special one-shot story, a strange force flings the TARDIS and the Eleventh Doctor into our own universe! Once here, the Doctor encounters a 10-year-old girl who happens to be a huge fan of the Doctor Who TV show. The Doctor grapples with being a fictional character and a monster lurking at the girl's school on the way to coming face-to-face with the actor who portrays him, Matt Smith!
to be added
- The Doctor is shown looking at DVD boxes for The Twin Dilemma and the Complete Series 7. He references the title of The Android Invasion.
- The death of Elisabeth Sladen is mentioned, though the Doctor notes that, in his universe, Sarah Jane Smith is still alive and well.
- There is a flashback of Ally and two other girls reading Doctor Who The Official Annual 2007.
- At the Doctor Who convention, there are fans dressed as the Fourth Doctor, the Eleventh Doctor, Amy Pond, the TARDIS, two Krotons, a Zygon, the Experimental Prototype Robot K1, a Weeping Angel, a Slitheen, a Sea Devil, a Snowman, a Robot Yeti, a Sandminer robot, and a Smiler.
- The Doctor and Ally pass a street sign for "Cribbins St.", a reference to Bernard Cribbins.
- The Doctor tells Matt Smith that he thinks Peter Capaldi would be a good choice to play him in the future.
- This would mean the Doctor had hope that a way around using up his regenerations was possible, since he knew whatever the writers wrote affected his universe.
- The Doctor has apparently met Capaldi before, having saved him from a Mandrel. He has also met Peter Davison, having saved him once from a Krynoid.
- This confirms that real world actors who play the Doctor exist in his universe; however, he has oddly never been mistaken for them when he visits England.
- The basic plot of this story is identical to the 1999 Doctor Who Magazine comic story TV Action! in which the Eighth Doctor found himself in the real world where his adventures are chronicled in a TV series starring Tom Baker. After Baker's appearance in that story and William Hartnell's cameo as "Billy" in the audio story Pier Pressure, this is the third time that real-life actors who portrayed the Doctor have been featured as a character in a Doctor Who storyline.
- The Doctor once commissioned Andy Warhol to paint a portrait of all his incarnations. (PROSE: The War of Art)
- The Doctor recognises the Cyberman from the Battle of Canary Wharf while Ally simultaneously recognises it. (TV: Doomsday)