|The Girl Who Loved Doctor Who|
|Editor:||Denton J. Tipton|
|Printed in:||2013 Doctor Who Special|
|Release date:||24 December 2013|
|Format:||American comic book, 1 issue|
|2013 Doctor Who Special|
In this special one-shot story, a strange force flings the TARDIS and the Doctor into our own universe! Once here, the Doctor encounters a 10-year-old girl who happens to be a huge fan of the Doctor Who TV show. The Doctor grapples with being a fictional character and a monster lurking at the girl’s school on the way to coming face-to-face with the actor who portrays him, Matt Smith!
to be added
- The Doctor is shown looking at the real-life DVD boxes for TV: The Twin Dilemma and the Complete Series 7.
- Episodes referred to by name include TV: The Android Invasion and Doomsday.
- The death of Elisabeth Sladen is mentioned, though the Doctor notes that, in his universe, Sarah Jane Smith is still alive and well.
- The Doctor is shown watching Amy Pond's farewell scene in TV: The Angels Take Manhattan. Coincidentally, the line "Raggedy Man, goodbye" is heard, which is similar to the "Raggedy Man, goodnight" line heard during the regeneration sequence in TV: The Time of the Doctor, broadcast the day after the comic was published.
- There is a flashback of Ally and two other girls reading Doctor Who The Official Annual 2007.
- At the Doctor Who convention, there are fans dressed as the Fourth Doctor, the Eleventh Doctor, Amy Pond, the TARDIS, two Krotons, a Zygon, the Experimental Prototype Robot K1, a Weeping Angel, a Slitheen, a Sea Devil, a Snowman, a Robot Yeti, a Sandminer robot, and a Smiler
- The Doctor and Ally pass a street sign for "Cribbins St.", a reference to♙Bernard Cribbins
- The Doctor tells Matt Smith that he thinks Peter Capaldi would be a good choice to play him in the future.
- The Doctor has apparently met Capaldi before, having saved him from a Mandrel. He has also met Peter Davison, having saved him once from a Krynoid.
- The basic plot of this story is identical to the 1999 Doctor Who Magazine story COMIC: TV Action! in which the Eighth Doctor found himself in the real world where his adventures are chronicled in a TV series starring Tom Baker. After Baker's appearance in that story and William Hartnell's cameo as "Billy" in AUDIO: Pier Pressure, this is the third time that a real life Doctor actor has been featured as a character in a Doctor Who storyline
- The Doctor once commissioned Andy Warhol to paint a portrait of all his incarnations. (WC: The War of Art) In place of the War Doctor, however, there is a silhouette (suggesting this story takes place prior to the events of TV: The Day of the Doctor)
- The Doctor recognises the Cyberman from the Battle of Canary Wharf while Ally simultaneously recognises it. (TV: Doomsday)
Cover gallery Edit
to be added