|The Glorious Dead|
|Main enemy:||The Master, Sato Katsura|
|Main setting:||Paradost (alternate timeline)|
|Editor:||Gary Gillatt & Alan Barnes|
|Penciller:||Martin Geraghty, Roger Langridge (part five)|
|Printed in:||Doctor Who Magazine 287-296|
|Release date:||9 February - 18 October 2000|
|Format:||Comic - 10 parts|
|DWM comic stories|
|The Company of Thieves||The Autonomy Bug|
- You may be looking for the graphic novel of the same name.
The Glorious Dead was a Doctor Who Magazine comic story featuring the Eighth Doctor, Izzy Sinclair and Kroton. Published throughout 2000 it was an epic 10 parts long and featured the return to the comic strip of the Master who'd appeared in the previous year's story The Fallen.
The Doctor, Izzy and Kroton are taken to Paradost to find that Sato Katsura and the Master have joined forces. The Doctor and Kroton must fight the Master and Sato for the Glory, where the protector of the Glory has full powers over space and time...
to be added
- The Doctor duels with the Master across the omniverse and is stabbed through the chest by the Master.
- The Doctor has the Terrible Zodin's autograph.
- The Master escaped from the Eye of Harmony and took control over The Doctor's TARDIS.
- Esterath is the Keeper of the Omniversal Spectrum – the focal point of reality.
- The Doctor and the Master left Gallifrey on the same day, by the "same means".
- Kroton sends the Master to an unknown fate, presumably back into the Eye of Harmony or Time Vortex.
- Izzy is shrunk by the Master's Tissue Compression Eliminator.
- Among the guests who attend the party are an Alpha Centauran, an Ice Warrior, a Chelonian and a Dalek.
- On page 5 of Part One in the top right panel with the lettering "...Let's just enjoy the reception" the skirt of a Dalek is visible.
- This story was part of the second Panini collection of Eighth Doctor comic stories, which was published under the name of The Glorious Dead.
- This story is a sequel to the events in The Road to Hell and the final panel in The Fallen.
- The Doctor mentions that the Master also dressed as a priest at Devil's End. (TV: The Daemons)
- The Master states that his last encounter with the Doctor was in San Francisco. (TV: Doctor Who)
- The Master states the Doctor's last wise words to him were "If we fight like animals, we die like animals." (TV: Survival)
- The Master is also depicted escaping the Eye of Harmony in PROSE: Forgotten.
- The Doctor experiences a parallel life where he and Grace Holloway are married. (TV: Doctor Who, COMIC: The Fallen)
- The Master tries to convince the Doctor they are the same. (TV: Death in Heaven)