|The Glorious Dead|
|Publisher:||Panini Publishing Ltd.|
|Release date:||2 October 2006|
|Format:||Comic sized paperback|
|Doctor Who Magazine graphic novels|
- You may be looking for the titular comic story.
Like all in the series, it was notable for its high quality digital restoration of the comics. It was the first chance readers had of seeing the original, monochromatic version of the comics since they were initially published in DWM in the late 1990s.
Publisher's summary Edit
Collected comic strips from the pages of Doctor Who Magazine!
The Eighth Doctor faces new perils in this bumper collection of classic comic adventures!
The Doctor and his best friend Izzy are joined in the TARDIS by Kroton, a Cyberman with a heart and soul! The action comes faster than ever as our heroes encounter genocidal Sontarans, vicious space pirates, demented robots, mad gods, deadly samurai warriors ... and the actor Tom Baker!
But the ultimate challenge is approaching: an epic, star-spanning battle that will decide the fate of all reality! An old friend is waiting to be reunited with the Doctor, while an even older enemy is lurking in the shadows of time and space ...
PLUS two bonus stories from the early days of Doctor Who Weekly, THROWBACK: THE SOUL OF A CYBERMAN and SHIP OF FOOLS, telling the origins of Kroton the Cyberman! AND a six page behind-the-scenes feature where writers Scott Gray, Alan Barnes and Adrian Salmon reveal background information on the stories' origins alongside never-befor-seen sketches and character designs from Salmon and fellow artists Martin Geraghty and Roger Langridge!
AN ESSENTIAL COLLECTION FOR FANS OF DOCTOR WHO AND CLASSIC BRITISH COMICS!
Comic stories Edit
- The Fallen
- Unnatural Born Killers
- The Road to Hell
- The Company of Thieves
- The Glorious Dead
- The Autonomy Bug
- Happy Deathday
- TV Action!
- Throwback: The Soul of a Cyberman
- Ship of Fools
Additional features Edit
- Full page of rough sketches of the eight Doctors by Roger Langridge
- Commentary (by Scott Gray, Adrian Salmon and Alan Barnes)
- About the Authors
- Project Editor and Designer: Clayton Hickman
- Artwork scanning and digital cleanup: Peri Godbold
- Additional scanning and clean-up: Imad Douglas @ DL Repro, James Clarkson and Clayton Hickman
- Cover artwork: Martin Geraghty
- Colours: Adrian Salmon
- Production: Mark Irvine
- Managing Editor: Alan O'Keefe
- Managing Director: Mike Riddell
- Thanks to: Alan Barnes, Martin Geraghty, Scott Gray, Roger Langridge Harriet Newby-Hill and Tom Spilsbury.
- This is the second of four collections featuring the run of Eighth Doctor stories and contains 242 high quality printed pages and a new cover by Martin Geraghty and priced at £15.99 (UK).
- All the comic strip stories featured in this first volume have been cleaned up and are presented as they first appeared in the pages of Doctor Who Magazine, complete with opening and closing captions.