Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The Glutonoid Menace|
|Main setting:||Phijax IV|
|Publisher:||GE Fabbri Ltd|
|Printed in:||DWBIT 7|
|Release date:||13 December 2006|
|Format:||Comic- 1 Parter (4 pages)|
|DWBIT comic stories|
|Reunion of Fear||The Power of the Cybermen|
Opening narration box Edit
The Doctor and Rose bite off more than they can chew in their search for good food...
Finally admitting that the TARDIS food machine is in need of more than a few adjustments, the Tenth Doctor takes Rose to a steak joint he knows on Phijax IV. Armed with an umbrella, the Doctor and Rose step out to non-stop rain and very low gravity, only to find themselves standing in an arena, where they are expected to fight for their survival or be eaten by the Glutonoid (a giant purple blob with an excitable appetite for flesh).
Forced to fight and chained together, Rose and the Doctor use the low gravity to overpower the competition, but the Glutonoid still wants to taste and eat Rose, in spite of the Doctor's warning. The Doctor activates the Glutonoid's hover pad, using its small, handheld device. Once in the air, he feeds it the rejected mixture of TARDIS food pills. The combination of tastes proves lethal and the Glutinoid explodes as the Doctor and Rose drift to the ground using the Doctor's extended umbrella.
With the Glutonoid gone there will be no more fights to the death. The Doctor has built up an appetite but Rose will settle for a glass of water.
- Rose suggests Canning Town as a place to get Fatboys Burgers.
- Supporting the series of collectable Doctor Who trading cards, the magazine carried a regular four page, individually titled comic strip of the Tenth Doctor's adventures.
- The artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine and, as did Doctor Who Adventures, reflected the appeal to readers younger than those catered to by Doctor Who Magazine.
- The Battles in Time comic strip sought to associate its Doctor with the one seen on screen by using "props" from the TV series: blue/brown suit, intelligent-looking glasses, sonic screwdriver and psychic paper.
- This story opens in the TARDIS with the Doctor and Rose trying to fix the TARDIS food machine, which made a very early, one off appearance in the original series story The Edge of Destruction.
Original print details Edit
- 1/1 DWBIT 7 (4 pages) TO BE CONTINUED!!!
- No reprints to date.
to be added
to be added