Publisher's summary Edit
The TARDIS brings the Doctor and Ace to the most opulent casino hotel in the cosmos – a haunt of the rich, the famous and the unutterably corrupt. There's a robbery in progress – but is the Doctor really in on the plan?
to be added
- The Doctor - Sylvester McCoy
- Ace - Sophie Aldred
- Chafal - Jon Culshaw
- Kordel - Nadine Marshall
- Ruben - George Potts
- Ace remembers Perivale.
- The Doctor describes the Grand Betelguese Hotel as the "most opulent hotel casino in the cosmos".
- Ace sarcastically refers to Chafal as "Judge Judy".
- The title is a play on that of The Grand Budapest Hotel.
- The Doctor refers to himself as the "approaching inclement weather system", but admits that name is a work in progress. (PROSE: Love and War, TV: The Parting of the Ways, et al)
- Ace mentions the Cybermen. She has met them on a number of occasions. (TV: Silver Nemesis, et al)
- Ace is still trying to pilot the TARDIS (AUDIO: You Are the Doctor) to Sydney. (AUDIO: Come Die With Me)
- The Doctor says that he has previously visited Betelgeuse. The Fourth Doctor previously referred to the planet. (TV: Destiny of the Daleks)
- The Doctor would later determine that Ms. Zingiber was an alias of Melanie Bush. (AUDIO: A Life of Crime)