The Graves of Mordane (novel)Redirected from The Graves of Mordane
|The Graves of Mordane|
|Main enemy:||The Darksmith Collective, The Agent, Corpses animated by the Eternity Crystal|
|Main setting:||The Moon, Mordane, Karagula, 30th century|
|Release date:||29 January 2009|
|Format:||Paperback book, --- pages|
|BBC Tenth Doctor Adventures: The Darksmith Legacy|
|The Dust of Ages||The Colour of Darkness|
The Graves of Mordane is the second book in The Darksmith Legacy series.
Publisher's summary edit
The Doctor has discovered the Darksmiths' Eternity Crystal and is determined to destroy it before it falls into the wrong hands. But to find out more about the Crystal, the Doctor must travel to Mordane, the peaceful cemetery planet. But once the sun goes down, Mordane turns into a planet of nightmares. Will the Doctor manage to hold on to the Crystal and fight off the living dead?
- Tenth Doctor
- Captain Gomez
- Caroline (aka 'Catz')
- First Officer Jitan Chandra
- Darksmith Agent
- Souvenirs inside the TARDIS include; singing sand from Sarpanto Two, a bottle of G'uu water from the spa of Old Russoon and a stick of rock from Blackpool.
- In the catacombs is a Lady Rosilie of Peladon. Peladon was a planet visited by the Doctor on several occasions.
- The Doctor uses his sonic screwdriver to open doors and to repair the overloaded distributor box.
The Books edit
- The Darksmith Legacy's overall story was devised by Justin Richards who contributed four of the ten titles.
- The Darksmith Legacy was certificated to 13, with under 13's needing parental approval.
- This first book in the series was released along with the second before the remaining titles saw a monthly release throughout 2009.
- Each book in the series had a foiled cover with illustration by Peter McKinstry
- Interspersed with the main fiction is;
- TARDIS Data Bank (extra information on 'Mordane + Planet of the Dead' and 'Places of Burial')
- Activity pages x4 (The puzzle solutions give the reader the chance to think like the Doctor!)
- The Story so far, next instalment cover preview and opening preview.
Interactive Website Content edit
By visiting the website and participating in the Quest participants can unlock additional content like computer wallpapers to download. The Quest itself features; games - (like finding a specific target in an image, by using the sonic screwdriver as a detector, to hone in (to register 100 on the scale). Once located the 'Target' then provides additional information used in further puzzles involving both words and numbers.