Publisher's summary Edit
The Great Space Elevator is a marvel of human engineering; a transit tube stretching from the equator up to a space station held in geosynchronous orbit.
When the TARDIS lands in Sumatra in the future, the Doctor, Jamie and Victoria are captured by guards just as the station loses power. Together with Security Officer Tara Kerley, the three travellers take a one-way trip on the elevator to fix the problem, and find themselves confronted by a powerful alien force that threatens to wreak chaos on Earth...
to be added
- The older Victoria has a husband, at least one child and will soon become a grandmother. She has never told her family of her travels in the TARDIS or that she was born in the 19th century.
- Jamie compares the Great Space Elevator to the Tower of Babel.
- Victoria compares travelling in the space elevator to being in a giant dumbwaiter.
- The Doctor plays "Baa Baa Black Sheep" on his recorder.
- This was the first time that Deborah Watling had reprised her role as Victoria Waterfield for Big Finish Productions. However, she previously played Auntie in AUDIO: Three's a Crowd.
- This audio drama was recorded on 2 April 2008.
- This story takes place between The Web of Fear and Fury from the Deep.
- Victoria tells Tara Kerley that she, the Doctor and Jamie had been on Telos, which she claims is one of the Greek Islands. (TV: The Tomb of the Cybermen)
- Jamie once again refers to the Man in the Moon. (TV: The Moonbase)
- When the Doctor smiles, he sometimes reminds Victoria of her late father Edward Waterfield. (TV: The Evil of the Daleks)