The Greedy Gulper (comic story)
|The Greedy Gulper|
|Publisher:||Immediate Media Company London Limited|
|Printed in:||DWA 292|
|Release date:||25 October 2012|
|Format:||Comic - 1 parts (4 pages)|
|DWA comic stories|
|Garbage Day!||Meteorite Meeting|
Very shortly after arriving in a quiet, (and boring) primitive village, the Doctor finds some villagers dressed in not-very-scary sheets to appear ghostly and, drive him away from a sacrificial offering of fruit. Not running away, the Doctor is tied up and according to the only book surviving from their ancestors on Old Earth, the ‘sacred text’ foretells the coming of the greedy Gulper. The Doctor recognises the ‘sacred text’ as a manual for an old video game. The Greedy Gulper doesn’t exist and they have nothing to be afraid of. Suddernly a creature appears that looks like the Greedy Gulper. Encouraging the villagers to throw the fruit, the creature is knocked off balance and is revealed to be a human from a terra-forming company seeking to frighten the settlers that are already on the planet away. The exposed and captured employee of the terraforming company agree to the Doctors request to testify to the Shadow Proclamation meaning that the villagers are safe.
Named characters edit
- The terra-forming company employees wore a costume/uniform emblazoned with a large ‘T’.
- A primitive tribe (with an interestingly colourful array of linen sheets), are meant to be scared off – but where to? They do not look like they have the ability of flight to space.
Original print details edit
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 292 (4 pages) DON’T MISS ANOTHER NEW ADVENTURE NEXT TIME!
- No reprints to date.
- The Shadow Proclamation is referenced to as agents of policing and judgement.