|The Green, the Bad and the Ugly|
|Main enemy:||Angelo, Tu|
|Printed in:||DWA 30-31|
|Release date:||24 May-7 June 2007|
|Format:||Comic - 2 parter (12 pages)|
|DWA comic stories|
|The Skrawn Inheritance||Minus Seven Wonders|
Part one Edit
Deciding he needs to top up his tan, the Tenth Doctor takes Martha Jones to the planet of Maught — a dry and dusty planet rich in natural resources, but where its scarcity makes water more precious than gold. The Doctor had heard that this intergalactic colony outpost is near a long lost underground stream, but that might just be the stuff of legends.
Laser shots and a cry for help lead them to an alley where they find two aliens, (Blontt and Angelo) in a heated argument. The Doctor defends himself against Angelo's fire by deflecting the laser beams with some discarded crystals lying nearby. Angelo races off on his flying car, leaving Blontt fatally wounded — his dying words to the Doctor being, "Remember forty two...point two".
Some time later the Doctor and Martha are enjoying the hospitality of Tu at the friendliest inn Maught has to offer. As Martha prepares to go to sleep, she spots out of her window the murderer from earlier. Racing to warn the Doctor, she finds him restrained on a bed by the cow-like Tu, who has wired him up to a machine so Blontt's dying secret may be extracted...
Part two Edit
Martha's intervention and the arrival of Angelo waving his weapon about enables the Doctor to break free of the machine. It appears that Angelo, Tu and Blontt were all working together to uncover the location of the underground stream, each having one of three sets of coordinates. Yet, like the rogues they are, each was planning to cut the others out of their share of the deal.
Angelo has one set of co-ordinates (2.4 degrees east) and Tu another (4.97 degrees south), but they are missing Blontt's depth reference. An unsuccessful shoot-out in the street (both supposedly setting their weapons on stuns) leaves the Doctor and Martha stunned by the richochet from Tu's shot. They wake to find that Angelo and Tu have reached a truce.
At the drill site they threaten to kill Martha if the Doctor doesn't reveal the depth co-ordinates. Under protest the Doctor gives them co-ordinates, but the incorrect ones (54.4). The coordinates are too deep and a seismic tremor strong enough to alert the authorities results in the drill being overpowered by the flow of water that erupts.
- The Doctor says he feels "like he has gone six rounds with a Judoon bare-knuckle boxer" after being unhooked from Tu's mind reading machine.
- The Doctor explains to Martha that sometimes its quite lucky the TARDIS doesn't always blend in with the environment – imagining looking for the door handle on a cactus!
- The Doctor arms himself with water pistols to escape a skirmish.
- The Doctor uses his sonic screwdriver to cut through ropes tying him to the drilling machine.
- The DWA comic strip adventures were aimed at a younger audience and the artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine.
- Self contained, one part stories were the norm in the early issues, later being expanded to two-parters.
Original print details Edit
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 30 (6 pages) HOW WILL THE DOCTOR ESCAPE? FIND OUT NEXT ISSUE!
- DWA 31 (6 pages) JOIN THE DOCTOR AND MARTHA FOR AN AMAZING NEW ADVENTURE NEXT ISSUE!
to be added