Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The Hartnell Years|
|Original release date:||3 June 1991|
|none||The Troughton Years|
The Hartnell Years was a video containing rare episodes from William Hartnell's time as the Doctor. Presented by Sylvester McCoy, it was released on home video by BBC Video in 1991 and contained the following full episodes:
- The Pilot Episode (Unbroadcast)
- The Crusade: The Wheel of Fortune
- The Celestial Toymaker: The Final Test
- This was the first of a series of videos produced by John Nathan-Turner intended to release rare episodes and incomplete serials, as well as interviews and other extras that wouldn't have seen a video release at the time.
- The arrangement of the Doctor Who theme used for this and succeeding "Years" releases was originally arranged by Keff McCulloch for the 1989 album Doctor Who - Variations on a Theme.
- The video was classified "G" in Australia. It was released in 1991 in America (CBS/FOX Video) and on 06/05/1992 in Australia (Polygram).
- Although Sylvester McCoy hosted the programme, he was one of two Doctors (the other being Peter Davison) who would not be featured in his own Years release.
- ↑ The episode (using a different take) was broadcast later that year on BBC Two. Another version of the Pilot Episode was release alongisde The Edge of Destruction in 2000.
- ↑ Later re-released alongside The Space Museum when The Lion was recovered in 1999.
- ↑ Missing "Next Episode" caption which was later reconstructed for the DVD release Lost in Time