a real world point of view
|The House of the Dead|
Ianto Jones (ghost)
Gwen Cooper (impersonation)
|Main setting:||Cardiff, March 2010|
|Release date:||13 July 2011 (Radio 4)|
|Torchwood: The Lost Files|
Publisher summary Edit
The brewery have called 'time' and it's the last night at The House of the Dead—the most haunted pub in Wales. Barry the barman has invited renowned psychic, Mrs Wintergreen, to hold a special seance to mark the occasion, and there's a big crowd hoping for the chance of seeing their deceased loved ones for one last time. But when Jack arrives on the scene, he's determined to stop them. Ianto is puzzled by Jack's behaviour, and Gwen is suspicious. Why is Jack acting so strangely? Then the ghosts start arriving—and all hell breaks loose.
- Captain Jack Harkness - John Barrowman
- Ianto Jones - Gareth David-Lloyd
- Gwen Cooper - Eve Myles
- Mrs Wintergreen - Rosalind Ayres
- Barry - Bradley Freegard
- Mr Jones/Tony - John Francis Harries
- Helen - Lucy Davis
- Ness - Moira Quirk
- Late Arrival - Shelley Rees
- Jack says "In These Stones Horizons Sing" when talking about the rocks in South Wales. This is what is written on the Wales Millennium Centre in English.
- Rosalind Ayres (Mrs Wintergreen) previously played Miriam Rochester in AUDIO: Jubilee.
- Although promoted, along with the other two Lost Files stories as taking place prior to TV: Children of Earth, the story actually takes place between the mini-series and TV: Miracle Day.
- Jack says Ianto died 6 months ago, placing this during March 2010, just before Jack leaves Earth. (TV: Children of Earth: Day Four, Children of Earth: Day Five)
Download and CD release Edit
- The story is also available as a download from the AudioGo website.