|The Hungry Planet|
|Main enemy:||Star Beast|
|Main setting:||Star Beast, 30th century|
|Printed in:||TV Action Annual 1974|
|Format:||Comic - 1 part (6 pages)|
|Stories in Countdown/TVA specials|
|Ride to Nowhere||Doomcloud|
|Stories in Polystyle specials, generally|
|Ride to Nowhere||Perils of Paris|
The Doctor's TARDIS travels through the 30th century but encounters a planet that's not supposed to be there. The planet is alive and swallows the TARDIS. The Third Doctor meets Harry Trant, also stranded, and they work together to get eaten by a parasitic amoeba on the planet's surface, which in turn is eaten by the planet. They reach the TARDIS in the stomach, and the Doctor materialises at the heart, telling Harry to shoot it. Hesitant, he does, and the planet screams as it dies. The Doctor tells him it needed to be killed because of its size though killing is not a pleasant duty, and takes him to his home planet.
- The Doctor names the planet "Star Beast" after Harry calls it an "inter-stellar beast."
- The planet is in the Coal-Sack Nebula, about three light-years from Calliope.
- Harry is first mate of the space-freighter Ganelon, out of Alderbaran.
- While the TARDIS is indestructible, Harry's ship Ganelon is digested by stomach acid.
to be added
- The Doctor mentions the planet's death screams. (TV: Inferno)
- The TARDIS will later be swallowed by another large creature, the space amoeba. (COMIC: Timeslip)