|The Hunt of Doom|
|Main setting:||Gameworld Gamma, 5,000,000,000|
|Publisher:||GE Fabbri Ltd|
|Printed in:||DWBIT 5|
|Release date:||15 November 2006|
|Format:||Comic - Part 5 of 6 (4 pages)|
|DWBIT comic stories|
|The Macrobe Menace||Reunion of Fear|
Opening narration box Edit
The Doctor and Rose head to another planet to try and find some more guests from Platform One...
Having found a useful book on power-boosted transmats in the Reading Dome, the Doctor and Rose arrive at Gameworld Gama, a hunting location owned by Mr and Mrs Pakoo. They hope to pick up the trail of lectra energy leaks which seems to have occurred around all their recent landings.
When the Doctor discovers humans have been brought from a pet shop and are being used in the Royal Hunt, he insists the games stop. Before he can flash his psychic paper ID, the Pakoo guards attack. Rescued by the surviving humans the Doctor and Rose make their escape, dropping his psychic paper as they head to the swamps with the Pakoo guards in pursuit.
The Pakoos' aerial attack is thwarted by the Doctor using his sonic screwdriver to ignite the swamp gases. The Huntmasters catch up to them and, having found the Doctor's ID which reads as personal assistant to President Kaakaa herself, apologise and offer them assistance. The Doctor orders them to send the humans home . He returns with the Huntmasters to deliver a warning to Mr and Mrs Pakoo. However, they too have disappeared — but this time they have left a trail for the Doctor to follow.
to be added
- Supporting the series of collectible Doctor Who trading cards, the magazine carried a regular four page, individually titled comic strip of the Tenth Doctor's adventures.
- The artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine and, as did Doctor Who Adventures, reflected the appeal to readers younger than those catered to by Doctor Who Magazine.
- The Battles in Time comic strip sought to associate its Doctor with the one seen on screen by using "props" from the TV series: blue/brown suit, intelligent-looking glasses, sonic screwdriver and psychic paper.
- In this strip the psychic paper is used (to identify the Doctor as a personal assistant to President Kaakaa herself) and the sonic screwdriver is used to ignite marsh gases.
Original print details Edit
- 5/6 DWBIT 5 (4 pages) TO BE CONTINUED!!!
- No reprints to date.
to be added