Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The Infernal Nexus|
|Main character(s):||Bernice Summerfield|
|Main enemy:||Volan Sleed|
|Main setting:||Station Control, 2600|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Cover by:||Adrian Salmon|
|Release date:||August 2001|
|Format:||Paperback Book, 188 Pages|
|Big Finish Bernice Summerfield prose stories|
|The Squire's Crystal||The Glass Prison|
|Big Finish Bernice Summerfield series|
|The Extinction Event||The Skymines of Karthos|
The Infernal Nexus was the fourth novel published by Big Finish Productions, part of their Big Finish Bernice Summerfield series. It featured the return of Jason Kane, who last appeared in the final Virgin Bernice Summerfield New Adventures novel Twilight of the Gods in 1999.
Publisher's summary Edit
Acting on an abstruse tip-off from the renowned paraphysiologist Dr Rupert Gilhooly (a man who, like, knows a lot of stuff) one Bernice Summerfield has found herself on a probe-ship heading deep into the Problematic Heart of the galaxy — not knowing what, or quite who, she might find.
What she finds is Station Control. A place that exists, simultaneously, in four hundred and seventeen dimensions, a brawling, souk-like Nexus between every world that can, or has or ever will be. And one of those dimensions is Hell.
Bernice knows nothing of the rivalries and power-plays going on here. So she blunders right into them and makes a complete hash of everything, natch. And one of the particular whoms she finds, quite frankly, what with one thing and another, she could quite well do without. In her current state.
to be added
- Bernice Summerfield
- Jason Kane
- Volan Sleed
- Agragazar Fletchcock
- Mora di Vasht
- Suzi II
- Mae An T'zhu
- Rupert Alouicious Barnstable Gilhooly
- Father Igron Alsabalus
- Lucien di Vasht
- Benny encounters an ARVID in The Maze.
- Souls are the currency in the Infernal Regions and one of the currencies in use at Station Control.
- Bernice finds out she's pregnant, she thinks about shagging Jason and pretending it's his.
- Jason Kane has sex with Mae An T'zhu.
- Suzi II is a cybernetically altered being.
Theories and concepts Edit
- Theory of Transdimensional Contrivance is a theory postulated by Dr Gilhooly which states if you become cut off from your home dimension you don't age because you're away from your native timeline.
- Benny uses a rape alarm to stun some Whistling Ninjas.
- A Trichoate is a type of demon containing three separate personalities.
- The Monasticy of Slom is a race of land-based squid with a profound religious fanaticism for punctuality.
- The Snata is mentioned.
- This is the first Big Finish Bernice Summerfield novel which has cover art by Adrian Salmon (replacing Carolyn Edwards). Salmon has produced cover art for the Bernice Summerfield novels, short story anthologies and their audio stories through until Dead Man's Switch.
- On page 177 is a story breakdown by Jason Kane for The Kiss of the Dragon Lady, a Xeno-porn adaption of the events through the novel.
- The Infernal Nexus is not currently listed on the Big Finish Productions website.
- Jason Kane was engulfed into the multiverse in PROSE: Twilight of the Gods.
- Jason Kane started working for Agragazar Fletchcock in PROSE: The Dead Men Diaries - The Door into Bedlam.
- Benny got pregnant when her body was taken over by Avril in PROSE: The Squire's Crystal, who used it to have sex.
- Benny previously encountered an ARVID in PROSE: Ship of Fools (also by Dave Stone).
- The idea of "Theory of Transdimensional Contrivance" is mentioned in AUDIO: Walking to Babylon.