a real world point of view
|The Infinity Race|
|Companion(s):||Fitz Kreiner, Anji Kapoor|
|Main enemy:||Sabbath, Warlocks of Demigest|
|Release date:||November 2002|
|Format:||Paperback Book, --- Pages|
|BBC Eighth Doctor Adventures|
|Time Zero||The Domino Effect|
Publisher’s Summary Edit
Welcome to the Selonart Trans-Global Regatta -- The ultimate sporting event in the universe!
The Doctor is in trouble. He has his own race to win. Stuck in a parallel dimension, pursuing the mysterious Sabbath, he must unravel a complex plot in which he himself may be a pawn.
Following the only lead, the TARDIS arrives on Selonart -- a planet famed for the unique, friction-nullifying light water that covers its surface. A water that propels vast, technological yachts across its waves at inconceivable speeds. All in all, an indulgent, boastful demonstration of power by Earth’s ruthless multi-stellar corporations.
Is Sabbath’s goal to win the race? Who is Bloom, the enigmatic Selonart native?
As the danger escalates, the Doctor realises that he is being manoeuvred into engineering his own downfall. Is it already too late for him?
- The Doctor
- Fitz Kreiner
- A Warlock slits Fitz’s throat, but the Doctor undoes time, preventing it.
- Anji Kapoor
- Anji is annoyed that not only is she back travelling with the Doctor, but she may not be in the same universe anymore.
- Count Toriman de Vries
- Marleen Kallison
- Fitz gets locked in a cell on board the Jonah.
- This is the first novel in the ‘alternate universe’ arc.
- At the end of this novel, the Doctor believes he can take Anji home. He is revealed to be wrong in PROSE: The Domino Effect.
- The Infinity Race at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- The Discontinuity Guide to: The Infinity Race at The Whoniverse