a real world point of view
|The Intergalactic Trials|
|Companion(s):||Amy Pond and Rory Williams|
|Publisher:||Immediate Media Company London Limited|
|Printed in:||Doctor Who Adventures |
|Release date:||9th August 2012|
|Format:||Comic - 1 parts (4 pages)|
|DWA comic stories|
|Dungeon of the Lost||24-Hour News Invasion|
For the first time in more than 500 years, the Doctor finds himself with companions Amy Pond and Rory, at the Intergalactic Trials in the year 2412, with a poor view stuck behind a pillar in the huge stadium. Surprised by the Galapogans success in the games he decides to take a closer look suspecting something isn’t quite right. ‘Invading’ the pitch to meet the team, and persuading them to pose for a photo the Doctor uses his sonic screwdriver to perform a scan and discovers the Galapogans’ muscles have been enhanced with the illegal drug mediphosphide. The secret of their games success revealed, they try to stop the Doctor and Rory exposing them but Amy manages to alert the Trials Task Force. The authorities arrive in time to save the Doctor and Rory and the Galapogan team is arrested and disqualified. As a reward for his intervention the travellers are rewarded with seats and refreshments in the royal box with a great view and comfy chairs.
- The Doctor has been visiting the trials for the last 500 years claiming to practically invented it.
- The sonic screwdriver is used to scan the Galapogan team for performance enhancing drugs.
Original print details
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 281 (4 pages) DON’T MISS ANOTHER NEW ADVENTURE NEXT TIME!
- No reprints to date.
- In the royal box the Doctor enjoys a pot of tea and a plate of biscuits an established trait of the Eleventh Doctor.
to be added