|The Invasion of E-Space|
|Companion(s):||Romana II, Adric|
|Main setting:||Ballustra, E-Space|
|Cover by:||Simon Holub|
|Release date:||31 October 2010|
|Format:||60 minutes, 1 disc - 2 episodes|
|The Companion Chronicles|
|Find and Replace||A Town Called Fortune|
The Invasion of E-Space was the fourth instalment in the fifth series of The Companion Chronicles. It was the first story in any medium to be set within the E-Space trilogy since the Fourth Doctor segment of The Eight Doctors in 1997. It was written by Andrew Smith, who opened the arc with Full Circle in 1980.
Publisher's summary Edit
Trapped within E-Space, the Doctor, Romana and Adric are searching for a Charged Vacuum Emboitment — the gateway back to our universe. It's like looking for a needle in a haystack.
Then, by pure chance, a brand new CVE rips into being. Its makers are the Farrian, a warlike race who have the technology to break into E-Space. They have come to invade and plunder this new territory, and the riches of the planet Ballustra are their first target.
to be added
Astronomical objects Edit
Story notes Edit
- This story had the working title of The CVE Makers.
- This is the first full story outside of the Season 18 television serials to be set within the E-Space trilogy.
- To date, this is the only Fourth Doctor audio drama to feature Adric.
- This audio drama was recorded on 20 May 2010.
- Romana II mentions their arrival in E-Space, Adric trying to join Varsh's gang and his status as an Elite. (TV: Full Circle)
- Romana mentions that Adric was initially a stowaway on the TARDIS. (TV: State of Decay)
- Romana puts the Doctor in the Zero Room after his synapses are damaged. (TV: Castrovalva)
- Romana refers to her decision to remain in E-Space and her quest to help the Tharils. (TV: Warriors' Gate)