|The Iron Legion|
|Publisher:||Panini Publishing Ltd.|
|Release date:||7 April 2004|
|Format:||Comic sized paperback|
|Doctor Who Magazine graphic novels|
- You may be looking for the titular comic story.
Publisher's summary Edit
Collected comic strips from the pages of Doctor Who Weekly
Enter a dimension where the robot centurians of the mighty Roman Empire travel from planet to planet, crushing all in their path – driven by cruel gods of greed, destruction and despair...
Explore a world where feelings are a crime, where love is punishable by death, and where the Nervous, the Brave and the Half Daft must unite with their 'Great Emoter' in a desperate fight for freedom...
Visit an ordinary street in an ordinary town, but one where aliens lurk in the coal shed and the cabbage patch, where good and evil travel in disguise, and where your best hope of escape is the 5A bus...
Travel to a future where the colonists of New Earth are under attack by the vicious Wereloks – but the ferocity of these beasts is as nothing beside the calculated cruelty of their masters...
Discover a realm where a crazed criminal can reshape creation to her will, where the laws of time and space mean nothing, and where a simple request for a cup of tea could lead to the end of everything...
Join the Doctor, that immortal traveller in time and space, on five of his wildest and wittiest comic strip adventures. The Time Lord's courage and ingenuity is all that stands against evil and oppression – even though he'd happily swap it all for a bag of jelly babies and a week in Benidorm!...
Featuring work from the award-winning DAVE GIBBONS (Watchmen), PAT MILLS and JOHN WAGNER (Judge Dredd, Strontium Dog), and STEVE MOORE (Abslom Daak), this special collection celebrates forty years of the Doctor Who comic strip!
Comic stories Edit
Additional features Edit
- Interview: Dave Gibbons
- About the Authors
- Project Editor and Designer: Clayton Hickman
- Artwork scanning and digital cleanup: Peri Godbold
- Cover artwork: Dave Gibbons
- Colours: Adrian Salmon
- Production: Mark Irvine
- Managing Editor: Alan O'Keefe
- Managing Director: Mike Riddell
- Thanks to: James Clarkson, Gary Gillatt, Scott Gray, Rosemarie Harrison, Pat Mills, Tom Spilsbury, Alan Woollcombe
- This is the first of two collections featuring the Fourth Doctor containing 162 high quality printed pages and a new cover by Dave Gibbons and priced at £14.99 (UK).
- All the comic strip stories featured in this first volume have been cleaned up and are presented as they first appeared in the pages of Doctor Who Weekly, complete with opening and closing captions.
- This volume was included in hardback with modified cover art as number 1 with Issue 20 of The Complete History for premium subscribers.