The Isos Network was the fourth and final story of the second series of The Early Adventures, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Nicholas Briggs, narrated by Frazer Hines and Wendy Padbury and featured the Second Doctor, Jamie McCrimmon and Zoe Heriot.
The Doctor, Jamie and Zoe are leaving Earth after having successfully defeated a Cyberman invasion... The Cyber-fleet is still exploding... But something is escaping through the mass of vaporising debris.
In hot pursuit, the Doctor and his friends find themselves drawn to a mysterious planet where strange beasts slither through the streets of a deserted city... And an old enemy lurks beneath the streets.
As a force of heavily-armed aliens arrives, a battle to save the entire galaxy from invasion begins.
to be added
- Jamie McCrimmon/The Doctor/Narrator - Frazer Hines
- Zoe Heriot/Narrator - Wendy Padbury
- Seru - Rachel Bavidge
- Enab - Richard James
- Alam/Hilsee - Kieran Hodgson
- The Cybermen - Nicholas Briggs
- While it's been a few days for the TARDIS travellers, it's been five months since the Cybermen arrived on Isos II and converted the population.
- This story was recorded at The Moat Studios.
- For the three travellers, this story takes place a few days after the Cyber-invasion of Earth. (TV: The Invasion)
- Jamie is reminded of the London underground and the Yeti. (TV: The Web of Fear)
- Jamie remembers encountering another Cyber-Controller in their tombs on Telos. (TV: The Tomb of the Cybermen)
- Jamie later recalled facing the Cybermen on Isos when he encountered the Sixth Doctor. (AUDIO: Last of the Cybermen)
- The Cyber-Controller accesses the repository of cyber-experiences (PROSE: Iceberg) and sees the Doctor as a white-haired old man. (TV: The Tenth Planet) This reference raises additional questions as to the decade that the UNIT stories are set in, as the First Doctor's encounter with the Cybermen takes place in 1986, yet this story takes place only days after the Second Doctor's latest encounter with them. (TV: The Invasion)