The story saw several firsts for the Short Trips series. It was the first Short Trip to crossover with one of Big Finish's Doctor Who spin-offs. After minor references to the 21st century Doctor Who TV series in Lost and Found and The Blame Game, The Jago & Litefoot Revival was the first Short Trip to use a 21st century Doctor. It was also the first Short Trip to use three actors, edging out the previous record of two actors, in A Full Life.
Tonight's lecture to the Club for Curious Scientific Men will be given by Professor George Litefoot, pathologist - assisted by his esteemed colleague Mr Henry Gordon Jago, theatrical impressario - who will recount a sequence of outlandish events in London and Greece, ruminate upon the nature of good fortune (or rather its absence), and provide a surprising account of a mercurial old friend. The lecture starts at 7:30 and will include an interval.
Fresh from another superlative season on the boards at the New Regency, we are this evening elated to welcome that master of melodrama, that sultan of story, that king of the cliffhanger Mr Henry Gordon Jago. Tonight, in his usual matchless and majestic manner, he will continue and conclude our captivating chronicle of fortune, change and revivification, with the indispensable assistance of that peerless pathologist, Professor George Litefoot.
to be added
to be added
- George Litefoot - Trevor Baxter[source needed]
- Henry Gordon Jago - Christopher Benjamin[source needed]
- Ellie Higson - Lisa Bowerman[source needed]
- Henry Gordon Jago
- George Litefoot
- Tenth Doctor
- Eleventh Doctor
- Ellie Higson
- Jean Bazemore
- Exterminator Johnny
- Gentlemen of the Dice
- Litefoot mentions that Professor G Challenger has given a talk for the CCSM.
- Litefoot sets sail from Dover.
- Jago visits the Red Tavern.
- Minos is an island in the Aegean Sea.
- Litefoot observes that the Tenth Doctor looks no more than 40 years old in human terms.
- This story is available for download only.
- This story was recorded at The Moat Studios on 21 February 2017.
- The appearance of the Eleventh Doctor was not announced prior to this story's release. Act one implies that Jago meets this incarnation, but it is not confirmed until Act two. Big Finish subsequently released an alternate cover art featuring Matt Smith instead of David Tennant.
- This story was re-released as a Jago & Litefoot story with Jago & Litefoot Forever.
- Jean Bazemore previously appeared in AUDIO: Jago & Son.
- Litefoot mentions that his previous time on a cruise ship was much more eventful. (AUDIO: Jago & Litefoot: Series Nine)
- The Tenth Doctor is on his farewell tour visiting old friends and is already in the process of regenerating. (TV: The End of Time)
- Litefoot last encountered the Doctor about a year ago in an incident involving the Master. (AUDIO: Masterpiece)
- Litefoot recalls his defeat of the Scorchies. (AUDIO: Encore of the Scorchies)
- The Tenth Doctor opens the TARDIS doors by snapping his fingers, an ability he discovered earlier in this incarnation. (TV: Silence in the Library)
- The Eleventh Doctor uses the expression "Squeaky bum time," much to Jago's bewilderment. (TV: Cold Blood)
- The Eleventh Doctor wears a fez. (TV: The Big Bang et al.)
- Official The Jago & Litefoot Revival: Act one page at bigfinish.com
- Official The Jago & Litefoot Revival: Act two page at bigfinish.com