Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The Justice of Jalxar|
|Main enemy:||The Pugilist|
|Main setting:||London, 1899|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Cover by:||Alex Mallinson|
|Release date:||11 March 2013|
|Format:||1 CD, 2 Parts|
|The Fourth Doctor Adventures|
|War Against the Laan||Phantoms of the Deep|
Publisher's summary Edit
They call him the Pugilist.
It is the dawn of a new century and a vigilante is on the loose. The scourge of the criminal underclass. The saviour of the virtuous and the protector of the weak. The police are baffled, the public enamoured... but Professor George Litefoot and Henry Gordon Jago are on the case. Or at least they will be when they've finished their beer.
What is the source of the Pugilist's spectacular supernatural powers? Is he alone in his noble quest? And what is his connection to the spate of corpses discovered around London?
As they descend further into a nefarious netherworld, the infernal investigators may be out of their depth. They're going to need help if they're to get out of this alive. The help of an old friend and his new assistant. The help... of the Doctor and Romana.
to be added
- The Doctor - Tom Baker
- Romana - Mary Tamm
- Professor George Litefoot - Trevor Baxter
- Henry Gordon Jago - Christopher Benjamin
- Bobby Stamford - Mark Goldthorp
- Mary Brown - Rosanna Miles
- Johnny Stone - Ben Bishop
- Harvey Marsh - Adrian Lukis
- The Doctor claims that he has met Bertrand Russell, Margot Fonteyn and Aldous Huxley.
- The Doctor spent a considerable amount of time looking for his deerstalker in the TARDIS wardrobe.
- The Doctor tells Jago and Litefoot that he is 760.
- According to Harvey Marsh, Mary Brown is "the best little pickpocket in the East End."
- The Doctor describes the aroma of Victorian England as "bracing." However, Romana considers it "rancid".
- Romana mentions the Jalxar Peninsula.
- The Doctor mentions that he recently activated the TARDIS' randomiser. (TV: The Armageddon Factor)
- The Doctor wears the same outfit and deerstalker that he wore when he first met Jago and Litefoot in 1889. (TV: The Talons of Weng-Chiang)
- The London papers speculate that the Pugilist may be Spring-heeled Jack. The Eighth Doctor would later encounter him in London in 1840. At that time, he learned that Jack was a Hunter who was sent to Earth to kill Morjanus in 1837. (COMIC: The Curious Tale of Spring-Heeled Jack)
- The Doctor tells Jago and Litefoot that Leela is "otherwise engaged." (TV: The Invasion of Time)
- Jago and Litefoot mention that it has been over ten years since they first met the Doctor. (TV: The Talons of Weng-Chiang)
- The Doctor once again claims that he is 760 years old. (TV: The Power of Kroll)
- K9 is still in need of repair after being affected by time slippage caused by the passage of the Laan through the Time Vortex. (AUDIO: The Sands of Life)
- The Doctor tells Jago and Litefoot that he is sure that they will be reunited in the fullness of time. In 1893, six years earlier in their personal timelines, they met the Doctor's sixth incarnation, who was then operating under the pseudonym "Professor Claudius Dark." (AUDIO: Chronoclasm) After learning his true identity, Jago and Litefoot travelled with him in the TARDIS for a brief period. (AUDIO: The Hourglass Killers, Voyage to Venus, Voyage to the New World)
- Henry Marsh calls Romana "the Ice Maiden", which was her nickname at the Time Lord Academy. (AUDIO: Lies)