|The King's Dragon|
|Main enemy:||King Beol|
|Read by:||Nicholas Briggs|
|Release date:||8 July 2010|
|Format:||Hardcover, 244 pages|
|BBC New Series Adventures|
|Nuclear Time||The Glamour Chase|
Publisher's summary Edit
'They called it Enamour. It turned minds, sold merchandise, and swayed elections. And it did its job far too well...'
In the city-state of Geath, the King lives in a golden hall, and the people want for nothing. Everyone is happy and everyone is rich. Or so it seems. When the Doctor, Amy and Rory look beneath the surface, they discover a city of secrets. In dark corners, strange creatures are stirring. At the heart of the hall, a great metal dragon oozes gold.
Then the Herald appears, demanding the return of her treasure... And next come the gunships. The battle for possession of the treasure has begun, and only the Doctor and his friends can save the people of the city from being destroyed in the crossfire of an ancient civil war. But will the King surrender his new-found wealth? Or will he fight to keep it...?
- While in the Main Hall, Rory says, "Fight the odd Vampire..." to which the Doctor replies, "Technically, they weren't vampires. Do I look like Buffy?", referencing the popular American TV series, Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- Once again, the Doctor, Rory and Amy are separated at one time or another.
- Amy and Rory both reference Rory's grandmother, who made "good gravy." This is the first reference to Rory's family in any Doctor Who media.
- Rory once again becomes friendly with one of the novel's one-shot characters, Hilthe. This also happened in PROSE: The Glamour Chase.
- This story was also released as an ebook available from the Amazon Kindle store.
- Amy brings up the star whale (TV: The Beast Below), while Rory mentions the events in Venice. (TV: The Vampires of Venice)
- Amy calls the Doctor "Doc", which once again annoys him. (TV: The Time Meddler, The Five Doctors, The Ultimate Foe, Dreamland, PROSE: Apollo 23)
- The Doctor brings up Lucy the stripper. We learn that Rory didn't want a stripper at his stag (as he is entirely faithful to Amy); his friends did so without his permission. (TV: The Vampires of Venice)
- The Doctor mentions to Rory that the Sonic Screwdriver doesn't do wood (TV: Silence in the Library/Cold Blood)
- Rory confronts the Doctor about kissing Amy (TV: Flesh and Stone)
Audio release Edit
- The story was released as an audiobook on 4x CD read by Nicholas Briggs.