|The King of the Dead|
|Main setting:||London, 1982|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Read by:||Sarah Sutton|
|Cover by:||Mark Plastow|
|Release date:||5 May 2015|
|The Ghost Trap||The Shadows of Serenity|
When the Doctor, Nyssa and Tegan arrive in 1980s London, they find the current hot ticket is The King of the Dead, an interactive theatre experience they've inadvertently become part of. The Doctor settles into his usual role – trying to save the day after discovering an alien presence – but it's Nyssa who finds herself dealing with someone who is working from a different script entirely...
- Tegan tried to get tickets to The King of the Dead but they were sold out for months.
- Tegan refers to the abdication of Edward VIII in December 1936. (PROSE: Players)
- The Doctor refers to artron energy. (TV: Four to Doomsday)
- The Doctor was attempting to take Nyssa and Tegan to the 2012 Olympics before the TARDIS materialised in 1982. He eventually managed to reach the games during both his tenth (TV: Fear Her) and eleventh incarnations (AUDIO: Good as Gold).
- Nyssa refers to Traken and her father Tremas. (TV: The Keeper of Traken)
- Nyssa recalls the Master stealing Tremas' body (TV: The Keeper of Traken) and the destruction of Traken (TV: Logopolis).
- The Doctor refers to his exile on Earth. (TV: Spearhead from Space, et. al)
- Patrick refers to UNIT's vault. (PROSE: The Scales of Justice; AUDIO: Tales from the Vault)