- You may be looking for the short story of the same name.
The Kingdom of the Blind was the twenty-fifth Bernice Summerfield audio story released by Big Finish Productions. It was the second audio story of the sixth season, released in July 2005. It featured the Monoids' second appearance in a story; their first was in 1966 in the Doctor Who television story The Ark.
Publisher's summary Edit
Jason Kane thought things had been going so well with ex-wife Bernice Summerfield, until she went sleepwalking, stole Brax's shuttle (causing Jason grievous bodily harm in the process), and then abandoned her on-off lover to the mercy of a horde of mute and unfriendly aliens.
Although Benny — waking to find herself marooned on a strange planet dressed only in her nightie, with strange voices in her head and a bunch of one-eyed monsters threatening to cut out her tongue — would probably argue that her day was even worse, thank you very much.
But Benny does seem to have stumbled across the last resting place of a legendary civilisation, so it's not all bad. Well, assuming she and Jason can survive — intact — long enough to tell anyone about it...
to be added
- Bernice Summerfield - Lisa Bowerman
- Jason Kane - Stephen Fewell
- Aliens - Richard Unwin
- 44 - Paul Clayton
- 26 - Caroline Morris
Uncredited cast Edit
- The Monoids appear.
- This story is a prequel to the television story The Ark, which takes place millions of years in the future.
- This audio drama was recorded on 22 March 2005.
- The First Doctor, Steven Taylor and Dodo Chaplet previously encountered the Monoids aboard the Ark in circa 10,000,000 and once again 700 years later. (TV: The Ark)