The Klepton Parasites was the first TV Comic story, as well as the first Doctor Who strip of all time.
On Earth, John and Gillian meet their grandfather, the Doctor. They travel in the TARDIS to the 30th century, where the Kleptons are attacking the peaceful Thains. The travellers help them repel the invaders, follow the Kleptons to their secret underwater city and defeat their plans.
- The Doctor says that the TARDIS is travelling to the 29th century, but all other parts state that they are in the 30th century.
- The Thain city is on land, while the Klepton city is on the ocean floor.
- The Thains are peaceful, but used to make heat guns which are now found only in their museum.
- The Kleptons possess flying machines, giant creepers and paralyser guns.
- Both the Doctor and John call the Kleptons "bug-eyed monsters".
- The Doctor speculates that the Kleptons cannot survive in the Thains' atmosphere.
- The Doctor mockingly calls one creeper an "overgrown aspidistra".
- The Kleptons keep their Thain slaves behind an electrified wire cage.
- The Doctor says he will try to get his grandchildren back to the 20th century.
- The first issue of this story was printed in TV 674. The cover to said issue advertised the narrative on the cover, stating "Starts today! Doctor Who".
- This was the very first Doctor Who comic strip. It opened with the following narrative: "In the far distant future, the Thains have lived happily and peacefully for many years. But one day, strange, menacing creatures hover over the city..."
- The very first words were spoken not by the Doctor himself but by the villains of the story, the Kleptons: "We are the Kleptons! We will take over your cities and your land! You Thains will be our slaves!"
- The very first words spoken by the Doctor (who does not appear until the third panel of the second page) were, "You must be John and Gillian! How nice to meet you!"
- This story was reprinted in DWCC 2 in colour.