|The Klepton Parasites|
|Companion(s):||John and Gillian|
|Main enemy:||The Kleptons|
|Printed in:||TV Comic 674-683|
|Release date:||14 November 1964 - 16 January 1965|
|Format:||Comic - 10 parts (20 pages)|
|TVC comic stories|
|none||The Therovian Quest|
On Earth, John and Gillian meet their grandfather, the Doctor. They travel in the TARDIS to the 30th century, where the Kleptons are attacking the peaceful Thains. The travellers help them repel the invaders, follow the Kleptons to their secret undersea base and defeat their plans.
- The leader of the Kleptons is referred to as Klepton One.
- The Kleptons travel in bubble-shaped flying machines, which can also travel underwater to their base on the bed of an unnamed ocean.
- Although at the end of the story the Doctor says he will try to get his grandchildren back to the 20th century, this is never mentioned again.
- This was the very first Doctor Who comic strip. It opened with the following narrative: "In the far distant future, the Thains have lived happily and peacefully for many years. But one day, strange, menacing creatures hover over the city..."
- The very first words were spoken not by the Doctor himself but by the villains of the story, the Kleptons: "We are the Kleptons! We will take over your cities and your land! You Thains will be our slaves!"
- The very first words spoken by the Doctor (who does not appear until the third frame of the second page) were, "You must be John and Gillian! How nice to meet you!"
- This story was reprinted in DWCC 2 in colour.
to be added