|The Krillitane Storm|
|Companion(s):||Emily Parr, Captain Darke|
|Main enemy:||Lozla Nataniel Henk|
|Main setting:||Worcester, 1140|
|Read by:||Will Thorp|
|Release date:||3 September 2009|
|Format:||Hardcover, 239 Pages|
|BBC New Series Adventures|
Publisher's summary Edit
When the TARDIS materialises in medieval Worcester, the Tenth Doctor finds the city seemingly deserted. He soon discovers its population are living in a state of terror, afraid to leave their homes after dark, for fear of meeting their doom at the hands of the legendary Devil's Huntsman.
For months, people have been disappearing, and the Sheriff has imposed a strict curfew across the city, his militia maintaining control over the superstitious populace with a firm hand, closing the city to outsiders. Is it fear of attack from beyond the city walls that drives him or the threat closer to home? Or does the Sheriff have something to hide?
After a terrifying encounter with a deadly Krillitane, the Doctor realises the city has good reason to be scared.
to be added
- Tenth Doctor
- Emily Parr
- Captain Darke
- Lozla Nataniel Henk
- Belima Febron
- Broken Wing
- The Esteemed Father
- The Doctor thinks of Donna Noble, remembering that she always knew when to stop.
- The Ood-Sphere is mentioned.
- The first moon landing is mentioned.
- The colonisation of Mars is mentioned.
- This book continues the theme set by the BBC Tenth Doctor Adventures line for 2009 of featuring returning monsters from the TV series.
- The final Tenth Doctor release connected to the BBC New Series Adventures, the Quick Reads release Code of the Krillitanes, also features the Krillitanes.
- This story was also released as an ebook available from the Amazon Kindle store.
Audio release Edit
- The story was released as an audiobook on 6x CD read by Will Thorp.
- This is at least the third time the Doctor has encountered the Krillitanes. The first time they were humanoid with very long necks, the second time like bats at Deffry Vale High School. (TV: School Reunion) In this story, they are at a transition stage, with the wings and heads of the ones encountered at Deffry Vale, but with elongated necks and forked tails.
- The Doctor encounters a group of thirteen Krillitanes here, the same number that he, Rose Tyler, Mickey Smith, Sarah Jane Smith and K9 encountered at Deffry Vale High. (TV: School Reunion)
- The Doctor swears "for the mists of Clom." (TV: Love & Monsters) Similarily, Glune Fex Fize Sharlaveer-Slam Slitheen was previously heard to swear "for the love of Clom." (TV: Revenge of the Slitheen)