Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The Lamentation Cipher|
|Main character(s):||Charley Pollard|
|Main enemy:||The Viyrans|
|Main setting:||Ever-and-Ever Prolixity, the far future|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Cover by:||Mark Plastow|
|Release date:||8 May 2014|
|none||The Shadow at the Edge of the World|
Publisher's summary Edit
Charlotte Pollard — once the greatest adventuress of her generation — is terminally bored. She is tired of life as an emissary of that powerful and mysterious race, the Viyrans. She has grown weary of her role as an expendable agent in their ceaseless quest to eliminate contagion across the universe. Her work is repetitive and grueling and has come to feel as if she hardly recognises herself. Very quietly, and without fuss, her heart is breaking.
So when the Viyrans arrive at the edge of galaxy Brouhaha-Nine-Nine-Five, besides the bizarre and enigmatic space-time anomaly known as the Ever-and-Ever-Prolixity, Charley is overjoyed at an opportunity for escape. It is a chance that she will be grateful to seize — but given what awaits her, she may, before long, come to wonder if she might not have been more careful about just what it is she has wished for...
to be added
- Charley Pollard - India Fisher
- Viyran Commander/Rogue Viyran/Other Viyrans - Michael Maloney
- Robert Buchan/Computer - James Joyce
- Bert Buchan/Announcer - Nicholas Briggs
- Robert Buchan is originally from Earth.
- The title is spelled The Lamentation Cipher on the actual release, but Cypher on Big Finish Productions website.
- This story was recorded on 11, 18, 19 and 20 November 2013.
- Charley refers to the fact that millions of viruses stored in the Amethyst Viral Containment Station were accidentally spread throughout the universe. (AUDIO: Patient Zero)
- After Robert mentions Vortisaurs, Charley recalls travelling with Ramsay in the TARDIS. (AUDIO: Storm Warning, Sword of Orion, The Stones of Venice, Minuet in Hell)
- The Viyran Commander refers to his people's ability to alter the minds of sentient life forms. (AUDIO: Mission to the Viyrans, Blue Forgotten Planet)
- Charley tells Robert that her family lost her a long time ago. (AUDIO: Storm Warning)
- Charley refers to the fact that she was once frozen by the Viyrans. (AUDIO: Patient Zero, Paper Cuts)
- Charley recalls taking a risk by boarding the British airship R101 on 4 October 1930. (AUDIO: Storm Warning)
- The Rogue Viyran faked his own death in order to allow Charley to escape. He drifted in space for over a year before he was picked up by Millicent Belanger III. (AUDIO: The Viyran Solution)