- You may be looking for the documentary.
The Last Dalek was an online game based on the Doctor Who episode Dalek. The Player was in control of the Dalek inside, also known as the Metaltron. The aim of the game was to escape the Vault, destroy The TARDIS and exterminate the Ninth Doctor.
- Level 1: The Cage: Breakout - The Bio Processor
- Level 2: Weapons Research - Get Your Death Ray Back!
- Level 3: Mobility Research - Gearing System and Anti-Grav
- Level 4: Access Corridor - The Shield Generator
- Level 5: Military Zone - A New, More Powerful Death Ray
- Level 6: Defence Research - The Next Shield
- Level 7: Optical Research - See the Invisible
- Level 8: Access Corridor - Super Speed Dalek!
- Level 9: Museum Security - Exterminate the Doctor!
- Level 10: Artefact Museum
- Scientists: Unarmed and no threat. In some cases, you must exterminate them all before going into another room.
- Guards: Armed with pistols, takes several hits to destroy the Dalek.
- In Level 7 and onwards, guards with cloaking devices appear. The Dalek obtains the Inter-Spectral Vision to detect them.
- Sentry Unit: The Dalek is unable to destroy it but if it takes several hits, it retreats itself into the ground temporarily. The Dalek can also prevent it from coming back up by occupying its space while it's underground.
- The Doctor: The Boss, is able to fire 3 shots at once, when you defeat him in Level 9 you take his alien weapon. He fights the Dalek again in the final level but since the Dalek has the weapon, he is more easy to kill.
- Bio Processor: Unlocks the billions of combinations in the locked doors. Automatically possessed in Level 1.
- 60KHZ Energy Weapon: Used to shoot at humans or barrels containing explosives instead of being close to an enemy and attack it in small strokes. Before obtaining it, you can only use the manipulator arm to attack. Obtained in Level 2.
- Gearing System: Enables the Dalek to shoot in different directions when it moves. Obtained in Level 3.
- Anti-Gravity Device: Allows the Dalek to mount (and down) stairs and manholes. Obtained in Level 3.
- Shield Generator: Protects the Dalek from damage, recharges in seconds. Obtained in Level 4.
- 120KHZ Energy Ray: Twice the effectiveness of the 60KHZ Energy Weapon. Obtained in Level 5.
- Advanced Shield Generator: Twice the effectiveness of the Normal Shield Generator. Obtained in Level 6.
- Inter-Spectral Vision: Allows the Dalek to see invisible mines and guards. Obtained in Level 7.
- Speed Boost: Allows the Dalek to move faster so it can evade Sentry Units and escape bulkheads. Obtained in Level 8.
- Alien Weapon: Taken from the Doctor, This weapon is able to destroy bulkheads. Obtained in Level 9.
- Explosive Barrels
- Stairs and Manholes: Obstacles for the Dalek to overcome with the Anti-Gravity Device.
- Mines: Detected by Inter-Spectral Vision, the Dalek's Standard and Advanced Shield Generator offers limited protection.
- The Doctor's TARDIS: After exterminating the Doctor. The Dalek's objective is to destroy the TARDIS.
Game controls Edit
Arrows ensure the movement of the Dalek, a click of the mouse to shoot at enemies. However, the Dalek may have several different weapons or tools that can be used (maximum two at a time, but it is possible to change anytime). There are ten different levels, only the third has two tools / weapons and the latter did not count.
- At the start of the game, the Dalek accesses its memory files, giving short summaries of characters that appeared in Dalek
- Henry van Statten
- "Male subject. Age 40. American. Effortlessly powerful. Always with a glint in his eye. The sort of man that won't allow himself to be bored for a single second. Consider potentially dangerous."
- "Male subject. Age 30. American. Van Statten's chief aide. Weak willed and careless. Considered no threat."
- Diana Goddard
- "Female subject. Age 25. American. Working her way to Van Statten's upper ranks. Calculating and professional."
- "Male subject. Age 30. American. Leading field researcher conducting experiments in Van Statten's laboratory. Heartless and sadistic. Must exterminate!"
- "Male subject. Age 20. English. Intelligent and enthusiastic student helping Van Statten acquire rare artefacts. Considered no threat."
- Rose Tyler
- "Female subject. Age 19, English. Doctor's trusted assistant. Consider dangerous. However displays a degree of empathy towards all living things, use this to your advantage."
- The Doctor
- Henry van Statten
- When the Dalek scans the Slitheen arm in the Artefact Museum. It is said that it was found in Mongolia in 1952.
Story notes Edit
- The Doctor is the only character from the original episode to appear in this game. The Dalek doesn't encounter anyone else and as such, their fates in this alternate version of the events of Dalek, are unknown.
- This game is an alternate version to the events of TV: Dalek.
- In Level 10, the Dalek enters the Artefact Museum, where it can observe the various artefacts which were seen in Dalek.
- BBC - Downloads - Current Game Location (as of 09/2017).
The BBC 'removed' the game from their website in 2013. It turns out to be hidden with their new Doctor Who games, in full working order.
- BBC - Doctor Who - Games - The Last Dalek - Original Game Location (2005-2013).
Via The Wayback Machine - Missing game files, causing the game to return to the title screen after the first level).
- Iowa Public Television - The Last Dalek - The game - IPTV's promo page for the game (2008-2013).
Via The Wayback Machine - Missing game files, in this instance causing a black screen after passing through the first door.
- BBC - Doctor Who - The Last Dalek Help - Game Walkthrough.