The Last Dodo was the eighth Tenth Doctor novel released.
Publisher's summary Edit
The Doctor and Martha go in search of a real live dodo, and are transported by the TARDIS to the mysterious Museum of the Last Ones. There in the Earth section, they discover every extinct creature up to the present day, all still alive and in Suspended animation.
Preservation is the museum's only job - collecting the last of every endangered species from all over the universe. But exhibits are going missing...
Can the Doctor solve the mystery before the museum's curator adds the last of the Time Lords to her collection?
to be added
- Belepheron was a planet where the air smelled of bad eggs and boiled cabbage and the natives greeted visitors by smothering them in green slime and cooking them over a fiery pit.
- Kinjana was the planet on which Frank was born.
- The Kinrexian, M82, M83, M84 galaxies are all mentioned by the Doctor as galaxies Eve would have to wipe out before she would be close to destroying all life in the universe.
- Martha Jones Blog Sunday, July 01, 2007 mentions these Dodos as "giant mental birds".
- The Doctor names the Dodo 'Dorothea'- a nod to his former companion Dodo Chaplet.
- This story was also released as an ebook available from the Amazon Kindle store.
Audio release Edit
- An abridged reading of the story was released as an audiobook on 2x CD read by Freema Agyeman.
- An unabridged reading was produced for the RNIB, read by Tim Bruce, Peter Brooke and Charlie Norfolk. It was only available for the registered blind.
- In both this story and PROSE: The Doctor Trap a being is trying to capture the Doctor for his status as the last member of his species.
- When Eve claims the museum to be a conservation project, the Doctor compares it to a gooseberry conserve conserving gooseberries. He had a similar attitude towards Tryst's CET machine in TV: Nightmare of Eden.