a real world point of view
|The Last Dodo|
|Release date:||19 April 2007|
|Format:||Hardcover Book, 248 Pages|
|BBC New Series Adventures|
|Sting of the Zygons||Wooden Heart|
The Last Dodo was the eighth Tenth Doctor novel released.
The Doctor and Martha go in search of a real live dodo, and are transported by the TARDIS to the mysterious Museum of the Last Ones. There in the Earth section, they discover every extinct creature up to the present day, all still alive and in Suspended animation.
Preservation is the museum's only job - collecting the last of every endangered species from all over the universe. But exhibits are going missing...
Can the Doctor solve the mystery before the museum's curator adds the last of the Time Lords to her collection?
- Martha Jones Blog Sunday, July 01, 2007 mentions these Dodos as "giant mental birds".
- The Doctor names the Dodo 'Dorothea'- a nod to his former companion Dodo Chaplet.
- This story was also released as an ebook available from the Amazon Kindle store.
- In both this story and PROSE: The Doctor Trap a being is trying to capture the Doctor for his status as the last member of his species.
- The story was released as an audiobook on 2x CD read by Freema Agyeman.
- The audiobook is also available as a download from the AudioGo website.
- Detailed synopsis of The Last Dodo at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- The Discontinuity Guide to: The Last Dodo at The Whoniverse