The Last Fairy Tale was the second story in the audio anthology, The Memory Bank and Other Stories, which comprised the two hundred and seventeenth release in Big Finish's monthly range. It was written by Paul Magrs and featured Peter Davison as the Fifth Doctor and Mark Strickson as Turlough.
to be added
- The Doctor - Peter Davison
- Turlough - Mark Strickson
- Alitha - Mandi Symonds
- Grayling Frimlish/Shiri/Zounds - Duncan Wisbey
- Diamon - Suzann McLean
- Turlough sarcastically refers to Grayling Frimlish as "Oscar Wilde".
- The Doctor once had to broker negotiations between two branches of the Royal Dynasties of the Eisenblatt system. One branch had a genetic glitch which meant that they were living backwards through time. As a result, the two branches were approaching the same century from either end. The Doctor noted that this made coronations and abdications complicated.
- The Third Doctor and Jo Grant once got into a dangerous situation involving a number of giant tortoises which was caused by the Master.
- Frimlish's story involves the Infernal Flaming Spectres from the Catacombs of Utter Dreadfulness, the Moss Demons of the Sussurating Swamps, and Desmond the Ogre.
- Turlough is an avid artist. (TV: The Five Doctors; AUDIO: The Memory Bank)
- Turlough refers to his home planet Trion. (TV: Planet of Fire)
- Turlough mentions that he and the Doctor once met a Sontaran who bit off his own tongue. (AUDIO: Heroes of Sontar)
- The Doctor refers to an encounter with Cat-People from the planet Gin-Seng. (PROSE: Invasion of the Cat-People)
- Official The Last Fairy Tale - The Memory Bank and Other Stories page at bigfinish.com