a real world point of view
|The Last Resort|
|Companion(s):||Fitz Kreiner, Anji Kapoor|
|Release date:||June 2003|
|Format:||Paperback Book, --- Pages|
|BBC Eighth Doctor Adventures|
Publisher’s summary Edit
"I think time and space just fell apart."
Anji isn’t sure, but then it’s hard to be sure of anything now. Good Times Inc. promised a new tourist experience, with hotels in every major period of human history — but that kind of arrogance comes with a price, and it’s a price the Doctor doesn’t want to pay.
As aliens conquer an alternative Earth, Anji and Fitz race to find out how to stop Good Times without stopping time itself. But they find that events are out of control — they can’t even save each other. And when the Doctor tries to help, it gets far worse. At the Last Resort, only Sabbath can save the day. And then the price gets even higher...
- The Doctor
- Fitz Kreiner
- Anji Kapoor
- Jack Kowaczski
- Jack builds a time machine (using some valves amongst other things) and travels back in time. Many versions of himself also travel back in time.
- Aaron Kowaczski
- Grania Flynn
- Jim Lamarra
- Anji sees a Dalek in the time vortex. It is escaping one of the realities. She doesn't recognise it as a Dalek.
- The Time Police follow and stop errant time travellers.
- Fitz saw all nine Star Wars films at a cinema in the 2040s.
- The Doctor, Fitz and Anji die several times in alternative time lines.
- Jack creates a new species who become the dominant race of Mars.
- Much of this novel’s story structure shares similarities with the movie Groundhog Day.
- Trix first appeared in PROSE: Time Zero and stowed away on the TARDIS, but only revealed this to Iyeeye.
- The Last Resort at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- The Discontinuity Guide to: The Last Resort at The Whoniverse