|The Legends of Ashildr|
|Release date:||10 December 2015|
|Format:||Hardcover, paperback, e-book|
|BBC New Series anthologies|
|Time Lord Fairy Tales||The Legends of River Song|
Publisher's summary Edit
Ashildr, a young Viking girl, died helping the Doctor and Clara to save the village she loved. And for her heroism, the Doctor used alien technology to bring her back to life. Ashildr is now immortal – The Woman Who Lived.
Since that day, Ashildr has kept journals to chronicle her extraordinary life. The Legends of Ashildr is a glimpse of some of those stories: the terrors she has faced, the battles she has won, and the treasures she has found.
These are tales of a woman who lived longer than she should ever have lived – and lost more than she can even remember.
- The Arabian Knightmare by James Goss
- The Fortunate Isles by David Llewellyn
- The Triple Knife by Jenny T. Colgan
- The Ghosts of Branscombe Wood by Justin Richards
- These stories take place between The Girl Who Died and The Woman Who Lived.
- The cover features Ashildr in her Knightmare outfit.
- The back cover features an image of the TARDIS and a quote related to the Doctor, but neither appear in any of the stories, although a few subtle references to the Doctor are made.