a real world point of view
|The Light Catcher|
|Companion(s):||Amy Pond and Rory Williams|
|Main setting:||Meadows of Kallisshamarriss, Temple of Light|
|Publisher:||Immediate Media Company London Limited|
|Printed in:||Doctor Who Adventures |
|Release date:||26 July 2012|
|Format:||Comic - 1 parts (4 pages)|
|DWA comic stories|
|Bumble of Destruction||Dungeon of the Lost|
Taking Amy Pond and Rory Williams to see a dawn over the Meadows of Kallisshamarriss, the Doctor arrives just as dawn is about to break. But the sky suddenly darkens, and it grows cold. They witness an alien spaceship draining every last drop of the sun’s energy. Racing back to the TARDIS the Doctor has just two minutes to save the sun and all life on the planet. Once the planet has been saved the Doctor pursues the spacecraft deep within the Onyx Nebula (a mass so dense that not even light can penetrate it). In the blackness they find a semi-world topped with a gleaming crystal turret. On exploring the turret they are all arrested for trespassing in the Temple of Light but the Doctor has spotted the energy gathering crystal is cracked. With their artificial ‘sun’ waning, the Light Keeper of this world has been seeking out alternative sources of light to use. In exchange for fixing the energy leaking out of the crystal at the top of the turret the Light Catcher gives his word not to steal light from others. Besides which the energy trapped in the gas cloud of the Onyx Nebula would last them forever.
- It is never good news when the Doctor smells asparagus.
- The Meadows of Kallisshamarriss are home to three-eared rabbits.
- It is not explained how if the Onyx Nebula is so dense that even light cannot penetrate it, how both the TARDIS and the light-stealing spacecraft can traverse the space.
Original print details
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 279 (4 pages) DON’T MISS ANOTHER NEW ADVENTURE NEXT TIME!
- No reprints to date.