|The Living Ghosts|
|Main setting:||22nd century|
|Publisher:||GE Fabbri Ltd|
|Printed in:||Doctor Who: Battles in Time|
|Release date:||10 December 2008|
|Format:||Comic - Part 3 of 4 (4 pages)|
|DWBIT comic stories|
|Flight and Fury||Extermination of the Daleks|
Opening narration box Edit
The Daleks are about to crush the Doctor!
The Daleks try to exterminate the Doctor, but their beams pass straight through as the Krikoosh extends its intangible influence. They make their escape. Responding to a Dalek threat, the police turn up at the Dalek base and the Daleks go on the offensive.
The Doctor passes the Krikoosh safely back to the zoo's head keeper. He is puzzled when the Daleks retreat inside the building. They seem uninterested in the Krikoosh. When the Daleks activate a proton cannon, the Doctor realises it was not the Krikoosh the Daleks were interested in but the shielding formula of the cage. Without this formula and the material, the Daleks have no protection from their intangibility weapon.
The Daleks now seem victorious. Everyone around (including the Doctor) has no real substance. They are like living ghosts!
to be added
- Supporting the series of collectible Doctor Who trading cards, the magazine carried a regular four page comic strip of the Tenth Doctor's adventures.
- The limitation of only four pages meant that stories often lacked depth compared to other regular comic strips running at the same time.
- The artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine and, as did Doctor Who Adventures, reflected the appeal to readers younger than those catered to by Doctor Who Magazine.
- The Battles in Time comic strip sought to reinforce the association of its Doctor with the one seen on screen with "props" from the TV series: his blue/brown suit, sonic screwdriver, psychic paper and his intelligent glasses.
Original print details Edit
- 3/4 DWBIT 59 (4 pages) TO BE CONCLUDED!
- No reprints to date.