|The Living Storm|
|Printed in:||DWA 181|
|Release date:||26 August 2010|
|Format:||Comic - 1 parts (4 pages)|
|DWA comic stories|
|Most Haunted||The Scarecrow|
All of a sudden, the weather changes, there is a howling, roaring sound as the clouds gather and the rain becomes heavier. They are shielded from lightning bolts by a metal archway, but are soon confronted by creatures condensing from the rain and the mist.
The Doctor uses his sonic screwdriver in an attempt to excite their molecules and force the creatures to evaporate, but there are too many. They are soon bombarded by hailstones the size of tennis balls. The Doctor suggests bringing an umbrella next time ("Umbrellas are cool!"). It is Amy who listens to the sound of the thunder and hears a voice. The storm itself has been telling them to flee from this world.
As the Doctor and Amy make a retreat back towards the TARDIS, the storm subsides and by the time they reach the TARDIS the blue skies have returned and a rainbow fills the skies, marking a beautiful day on a beautiful world that whatever lives in the sky doesn't want to share with others.
- The Doctor tries to use his sonic screwdriver to excite molecules of the storm.
- The DWA comic strip adventures were aimed at a younger audience and the artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine.
- Self contained, one part stories were the norm.
Original print details Edit
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 181 (4 pages) NEXT WEEK – The Doctor and Amy get caught in a space bubble!
- No reprints to date.
to be added