|The Locked Room|
|Main enemy:||A Vardan|
|Main setting:||An unnamed planet, December 1986|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Part of:||The First Doctor: Volume One|
|Release date:||3 June 2015|
|The Companion Chronicles|
|The Founding Fathers||The Mouthless Dead|
Publisher's summary Edit
Steven Taylor left the Doctor and the TARDIS to become king of an alien world. But it's now many years since he gave up the throne and went to live in a cell in the mountains, out of sight of his people. He's not escaping his past — quite the opposite, in fact. As his granddaughter, Sida, is about to discover...
to be added
- Steven is almost 100 years old.
- Steven tells Sida that unlike the stories he tells her, time travel is dangerous and he lost many people, including Bret Vyon, Katarina, Sara Kingdom and Oliver Harper.
- This adventure concludes Simon Guerrier's "older Steven" trilogy that began with the audio stories The War to End All Wars and The Founding Fathers. The story takes place during the television story The Tenth Planet.
- Sida was elected President three years earlier. (AUDIO: The Founding Fathers)
- Steven is attempting to find a way to contact the Doctor. (AUDIO: The Founding Fathers)
- The Doctor tells Steven that he is dying. (TV: The Tenth Planet)
- Sida refers to the duplicate of the Doctor's mind in the jar. (AUDIO: The War To End All Wars, The Founding Fathers)
- The Doctor tells Steven and Sida that he is in Antarctica in December 1986 attempting to prevent a war between Earth and Mondas. (TV: The Tenth Planet)
- Sida refers to the deaths of Bret Vyon, Katarina and Sara (TV: The Daleks' Master Plan) and Oliver (AUDIO: The First Wave).
- The Doctor, Steven and Oliver previously encountered the Vardans on Grace Alone, which resulted in Oliver's death. He combined with the consciousness of the Vardan, remained within the TARDIS and witnessed the Doctor's regeneration. (AUDIO: The First Wave)
- Sida discusses how Steven's favourite daughter, and her aunt, Dodo, was murdered by assassins during the war. (AUDIO: The War To End All Wars)
- Steven reminds the Doctor that he abandoned Anne Chaplet to most probably die in the St Bartholomew's Day massacre on 24 August 1572. (TV: The Massacre of St Bartholomew's Eve)
- The Vardan tells Sida that Steven once considered leaving the TARDIS because of the Doctor's callous attitude. (TV: The Massacre of St Bartholomew's Eve)