|The Lost Boy|
|Based on:||The Lost Boy|
|Main character(s):||Sarah Jane Smith|
|Featuring:||Maria, Luke, Clyde|
|Main enemy:||Slitheen, Mr Smith|
|Main setting:||Ealing, 2008|
|Publisher:||Penguin Character Books|
|Release date:||6 November 2008|
|Format:||Paperback Book, --- Pages|
|The Sarah Jane Adventures novelisations|
|Whatever Happened to Sarah Jane?||The Last Sontaran|
Publisher's summary Edit
Life on Earth can be an adventure, too. You just need to know where to look.
Sarah Jane is shocked to see an appeal on television by distraught parents of a missing boy — Luke, her adopted son! She is accused of kidnapping him and has to hand Luke over to his "real" parents. But something doesn't seem right. With the help of her friends, Maria, Clyde and Alan, Sarah Jane uncovers a sinister alien plot and a shocking truth about a loyal "friend"...
- Sarah Jane Smith
- Luke Smith
- Maria Jackson
- Clyde Langer
- Mr Smith
- Alan Jackson
- Chrissie Jackson
- Mrs Galagher
- Mr Robinson
- Mrs Robinson
- Mrs Townsend
- George Bailey
- Nathan Goss
- Marco Goss
- June Goss
- Mr Cairn
- Robert Lines
- Luke Smith remembered the quantum theory and Colluphid's Law of Hyper-Dimensional Mechanics, and he could spot flaws in Einstein's theory of relativity.
- The house that the Stafford family was supposed to live in was 26 Chalsey Grove.
- Brendan Richards was still working in Silicon Valley.
- In Ashley Stafford's room there were posters of footballers, In-Demand and UNIT 4.
- Nathan Goss was a fan of the Everton football club.
- Clyde Langer got Luke Smith into Kasabian, next he wanted to show him the music of the Arctic Monkeys.
- Peter Fairley, Patricia Conway, Ann Reynolds and Bryan Cawston were working for the Pharos Institute.
- Bloorm Vungah Bart Slitheen, Dax Fex Fize Slitheen and Korst Gogg Thek Lutiven-Day Slitheen stole the technology which made them able to use slim skin suits from the Blathereen family.
- The Slitheen wanted to sell Luke's telekinetic energy at the Energies Black Market on Antara IV.
- Ealing Broadway is Ealing's town centre.
- The Hambleton Estate is located at Grass Street at the Lake District. The Goss family lives at 64 Grass Street. They moved there from Guildford.
- Robert Lines is a member at the West Ealing Police.
- Luke's Slitheen "parents" live at 26 Chalsey Grove in Hammersmith.
- The residents of Hambleton Estate often go shopping in Carlisle.
- Old Forest Road leads into Bannerman Road.
- Luke has a T-shirt from the Natural History Museum.
Deviations from the televised story Edit
- The novelisation features a specially written prologue. It describes how the Goss family gets killed by the Slitheen and how their skin suits are used to create the fictional Heidi and Jay Stafford. It is described from Mrs Townsend's point of view.
- Maria tells Alan about her adventures with Sarah Jane Smith. She speaks about the Slitheen family (TV: Revenge of the Slitheen), the Gorgons (TV: Eye of the Gorgon) and the Trickster (TV: Whatever Happened to Sarah Jane?)
- The French teacher that caught Maria Jackson, when she tried to skip the lesson to see Luke (TV: The Lost Boy) was named Mr Cairn.