a real world point of view
|The Love Invasion|
|Main setting:||London, 20 July 1966|
|Writer:||Gareth Roberts and Clayton Hickman|
|Printed in:||Doctor Who Magazine 355-357|
|Release date:||27 April - 22 June 2005|
|Format:||Comic - 3 parts|
|DWM comic stories|
|The Flood||Art Attack|
The Doctor takes Rose to London in the year 1966, where they find beautiful girls wandering the streets, doing good on behalf of a group called Lend-a-Hand. The Doctor notes the girls don’t smell human. He becomes concerned when he discovers that someone is preparing to build affordable family housing on the fields where Rose’s council estate is supposed to be built.
- There is a poster on the wall of a pub reading "Bad Wolf", a reference to the story arc resolved in The Parting of the Ways.
- Igrix leaves his ship on top of the Post Office Tower. This had earlier in the same year housed the computer WOTAN in TV: The War Machines. The Doctor even makes the comment, "That, Rose, is one unlucky building."
- As the Doctor and Rose run through the Post Office Tower, they pass by earlier companions Ben Jackson and Polly Wright.
- This is the first story of the Ninth Doctor in comic book form.
- This comic sees a short return of Polly Wright and Ben Jackson, companions of the First Doctor.
- The Ninth Doctor screams "Geronimo" as he jumps from a building, one of the catchphrases of the Eleventh Doctor.