The Love Invasion was a comic story published in Doctor Who Magazine. It was the first comic strip to feature the Ninth Doctor and Rose Tyler. It also featured the brief return of former companions Ben Jackson and Polly Wright, and revealed that Ben eventually proposed to Polly.
The Doctor takes Rose to London in the year 1966, where they find beautiful girls wandering the streets, doing good on behalf of a group called Lend-a-Hand. The Doctor notes the girls don't smell human. He becomes concerned when he discovers that someone is preparing to build affordable family housing on the fields where Rose's council estate is supposed to be built.
to be added
- Ninth Doctor
- Rose Tyler
- Mr Love
- Shirley Gilbert
- Charlotte Cobb
- Peter Cobb
- Ben Jackson
- Polly Wright
- Scooter owner
- Cart owner
- Ben presents Polly with an engagement ring.
- The Ninth Doctor screams "Geronimo" as he jumps from a building.
- This is the first story of the Ninth Doctor in comic book form.
- This is the only Ninth Doctor comic story to be published during his tenure as the "current" Doctor.
- When the Doctor finds Shirley has followed him to the Lend-a-Hand building instead of going home as he told her, he appears to address the readers of DWM, saying: "Why does nobody ever do what I ask 'em to do? Is there a tattoo on my forehead, 'Ignore this bloke and any sensible thing he tells you'?"
- There is a poster on the wall of a pub reading "Bad Wolf", a reference to the story arc resolved in TV: The Parting of the Ways.
- Igrix leaves his ship on top of the Post Office Tower. This had earlier in the same year housed the computer WOTAN in TV: The War Machines. The Doctor even makes the comment, "That, Rose, is one unlucky building."
- Ben proposes to Polly. They later married (AUDIO: The Five Companions) and opened an orphanage in India (TV: Death of the Doctor).