|Main enemy:||Presidente Osloo|
|Main setting:||USS Eldridge, Philadelphia Bay, 28 October 1943|
Washington DC, 26 October 1943
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Writer:||Ingrid Pitt and Tony Rudlin|
|Release date:||June 2010|
|Format:||2 Episodes on 2 CDs|
|The Lost Stories|
|The Song of Megaptera||Farewell, Great Macedon|
Publisher's summary Edit
The TARDIS materialises on the USS Eldridge, after the Philadelphia Experiment has gone disastrously wrong. Most of the crew are dead, the ship is disintegrating, and the Doctor soon realises that the problem comes from another dimension…
As they attempt to find a way to get the ship home, the Doctor and Peri visit the distant planet Capron and meet its tyrannical ruler Osloo. But the search for a possible solution only creates increasingly dire problems. Osloo's horizons have been widened – and space and time are hers for the taking…
to be added
to be added
to be added
to be added
- The Doctor – Colin Baker
- Peri Brown – Nicola Bryant
- Presidente Osloo/Anne Tessler - Linda Marlowe
- Commander Ezz - Jack Galagher
- Lady Yka - Rachael Elizabeth
- Professor Brian Tessler - Vincent Pirillo
- Bosun/Guard - Stewart Alexander
- Mers/Admiral Greg Calloway/1st Rigger - Paul David-Gough
- Chancellor Bundth/2nd Rigger/Captain/Guard/Tannoy - Matt Addis
- The riggers refer to the British Prime Minister Winston Churchill.
- Peri read a book about the Philadelphia Experiment when she was a child.
- Presidente Osloo is the ruler of Kapron. She imprisons her stepson Commander Ezz on a trumped charge of treason.
- Professor Tessler compares the Doctor to H. G. Wells.
- The Doctor compares the colourful sky of Kapron to the Aurora Borealis.
- Ezz's father served as the Presidente of Kapron prior to Osloo. Shortly after they were married, his father died under suspicious circumstances, having seemingly been murdered on Osloo's orders. After all of the potential candidates for the presidency disappeared, Osloo declared herself the Supreme Leader of Kapron. The people of the northern provinces resisted her rise to power but they were wiped out.
- Peri cannot sing. However, she attempts to sing Row, Row, Row Your Boat for Osloo and her guests.
- The Doctor describes Peri as having "a bit of an attitude."
- Time passes much more rapidly in Kapron's pocket universe than in the primary one.
- The USS Eldridge has been trapped in a state of temporal flux for 67 years.
- Peri intends to write a book about the universe's best prisons and how to escape from them.
- The Doctor tells Anne Tessler that he is Dr. John Smith and that Peri is his niece.
- The Doctor tells Osloo that he finds weapons "rather tedious."
- Admiral Greg Calloway was the best man at the Tesslers' wedding.
- The Macros, originally The Macro Men, was an unproduced story for Doctor Who written by Ingrid Pitt and her husband Tony Rudlin after the former played Solow in TV: Warriors of the Deep in 1984. Pitt also played Galleia in TV: The Time Monster in 1972.
- The couple first got the idea from reading Charles Berlitz' The Philadelphia Experiment, a story about an experiment conducted by the United States during World War II in the attempts to try and make the USS Eldridge invisible to RADAR. [source needed]
- After meeting with Eric Saward numerous times, The Macro Men became The Macros and many revisions only resulted in a draft first episode script before all work was stopped.[source needed]
- This audio drama was recorded on 2 and 3 November 2009.
- Peri requested that the Doctor take her to visit her mother Janine Foster and her stepfather Howard Foster in Baltimore, Maryland in 1984 to let them know that she is alright after she left them on Lanzarote to travel with the Fifth Doctor. (TV: Planet of Fire) They would eventually do so after Peri learned that Anthony Chambers, her best friend Katherine Chambers' father, had been murdered. (AUDIO: The Reaping)
- The Doctor tells Peri that the TARDIS was once accidentally reduced in size. (TV: Planet of Giants)
- The Doctor is able to restore Peri to full health by placing her in the Zero Room. He tells Ezz and Yka that he has used it himself to recover from accidents. (TV: Castrovalva)
- Peri tells Yka that, during her travels with the Doctor, she has been transformed into a bird (TV: Vengeance on Varos), placed on "an Androgum's lunch menu" (TV: The Two Doctors), chased by Ice Warriors (AUDIO: Red Dawn, The Bride of Peladon, Mission to Magnus) and Tractators (AUDIO: The Hollows of Time) and that she was once almost trapped on the astral place (AUDIO: Point of Entry).
- The Doctor took a battery from Reverend Foxwell's laboratory in Hollowdean, England during the early 1980s. (AUDIO: The Hollows of Time)
- The Eleventh Doctor and Amy Pond would later visit the U.S.S. Eldridge during the 23rd century. (GAME: Shadows of the Vashta Nerada)
- Official The Macros page at bigfinish.com
- The Macros at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- DisContinuity for The Condemned at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide