Publisher's summary Edit
"You must never tell. Not a soul. That's the magician's oath."
A heatwave in July and a tube train is discovered buried in twenty inches of snow. A Saturday afternoon in Hyde Park and scores of people are instantly frozen to death where they stand while the sun beats down from the sky. Freak weather conditions in London, and the Third Doctor and UNIT are called in to find the cause.
Meanwhile, a street magician, who was witnessed at the scene of the tragedy, entertains crowds in Covent Garden. As Jo Grant and Mike Yates disobey orders and investigate alone, they discover an enemy with terrifying powers. And they may not live to share his secrets...
to be added
- Mike met up with Jo Grant recently.
- One Saturday afternoon in July during the 1970s, Hyde Park completely froze over over the course of several minutes.
- The Doctor attempted to revive several of the frozen Hyde Park victims using alien cryogenic technology but his efforts were unsuccessful as they were too far gone.
- The Doctor drives Bessie.
- This audio drama was recorded on 13 June 2008.
- This story is set amid the "freak weather conditions" that occurred around the events of TV: The Claws of Axos.
- Mike comments that UNIT "doesn't even mean the same thing anymore," referring to the fact that its name was changed from "United Nations Intelligence Taskforce" to the "Unified Intelligence Taskforce." (TV: The Sontaran Stratagem / The Poison Sky)
- Diamond Jack refers to Jo's uncle, a senior figure in UNIT. (TV: Terror of the Autons)
- Diamond Jack refers to the fact that the Doctor was exiled to Earth by the Time Lords. (TV: The War Games, Spearhead from Space)
- Diamond Jack's cabinet would be stored in UNIT's Vault by 2014. (AUDIO: The Screaming Skull)