The Mahogany Murderers was the eleventh title in the third series of The Companion Chronicles. It served as pilot for the Jago & Litefoot series. After a favourable reception, the series was commissioned.
Publisher's summary Edit
Professor George Litefoot: the eminent pathologist who advises the police in some of their grisliest cases. Henry Gordon Jago: the master of ceremonies at the Alhambra Theatre. These are two very different men from contrasting strata in society who became firm friends and collaborators after their adventure with the Doctor and Leela battling the evil Weng-Chiang.
Some years later, Jago and Litefoot have defeated dangerous denizens of the daemonic darkness together. They have stood side by side against threats to the British Empire. But when a body is found on the banks of the River Thames and Litefoot's post mortum reveals that it is actually a highly detailed wooden mannequin, their most dangerous adventure begins.
to be added
- Henry Gordon Jago - Christopher Benjamin
- Professor George Litefoot - Trevor Baxter
- Ellie Higson - Lisa Bowerman
- Litefoot knows several languages.
- Litefoot describes Jago as "more of a comrade-in-arms than a friend". However, Jago considers them to be "the very closest of friends".
- Litefoot imports his cologne from Paris.
- Litefoot served in Afghanistan.
- Litefoot lectures in forensic pathology.
- Jago witnessed Michael Faraday demonstrate electricity at the Great Exhibition in the Crystal Palace in 1851.
- Litefoot has arthritis in his fingers and lumbago in his back.
- Despite being part of The Companion Chronicles, this story focuses on two characters who have never been "official" companions of the Doctor. This status was changed retroactively, where they travelled with the Sixth Doctor on two adventures. (AUDIO: Voyage to Venus, Voyage to the New World)
- This story served as a pilot episode for the Jago & Litefoot series which was confirmed after this title's success. It ran for thirteen series from 2010 to 2017.
- This is the second time that Andy Lane has written a story featuring Jago and Litefoot, the first being the short story A Victorian Interlude in 1991.
- This audio drama was recorded on 22 September 2008.
- Jago recalls the "Weng-Chiang incident". (TV: The Talons of Weng-Chiang)
- Jago is the master of ceremonies at the Alhambra Theatre, where he previously worked as a cleaner in 1866. (AUDIO: The Year of the Bat)
- Jago visited the Great Exhibition in 1851. The Doctor likewise visited the exhibition during both his eighth and eleventh incarnations. (AUDIO: Other Lives; COMIC: Hypothetical Gentleman)
- Jago and Litefoot would fight Dr Tulp on two subsequent occasions. (AUDIO: The Bellova Devil, The Similarity Engine)